question on pulleys/ belts.

matt walters

Member +
Hi guys

I've got a 5e with a smaller main pulley.

The PAS belt is fine but the water pump/alternator one is to long.

I need a belt that's about 800mm total length. Been to my parts place and they can't really suggest anything.

does anyone have a solution for this? A belt from another car perhaps?

Also I've put the battery in the boot. Just wondered where people have pulled them through into t
The engine bay?

Rep added for any help :) thanks Matt

glanza_kow

Member +
Up here at work we use a company called Acorn Bearings which make bespoke belts to suit our machines etc, we give them sizes etc and they can make one to suit. A good motor factors should be able to find one mate, Ive been in this situation before and found Ferraris motor factors (FPS) always came up with the goods.

bongskag

Member +
how much of an underdrive are you running >? mine is 15% smaller and i use thishttp://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-4040305-Gatorback-Poly-V-Belt/dp/B000C36B2Q belt... it does go on a bit tight when new tho.. no adjustment at all !! so it may be quite hard to get on if your engine is in the bay.

as for the battery in the boot . you will have to pop a hole where other ecu wires come out, behind the glovebox or maybe where the aircon lines go if you have removed aircon that is !\
\hope this helps !

matt walters

Member +
Nice one both of you :) sorted a belt from my parts place at last lol took 3 home and 3rd time lucky. think it'll be the same as the one you've used ^^

Tight to get on with not much adjustment.

I was gonna say air con ppipes but there still in. don't really wanna be drilling any more holes :/

bongskag

Member +
happy days then bud.. :) im sure they strech a bit after you use them.

i got ep82, so not sure what holes you got in your firewall