questionable starlet torbo 0-60 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollyhock

Fresh Recruit
ive got a stock r5 gt turbo and have raced from the lights two healthy p plate starlet gt turbos and hav beaten them both convincingly. the stock r5 gt does 0-60 in 7.3 secs ,so how do toyota claim they do it in 6.9 secs.
i think there dreaming because from 30 onwards the r5 just burries them and thats not modified

There either tooshed GT's, non capable drivers or your talking sh1te and prob option 3 is the correct answer.. As for racing from the lights, well aint this illegal?? OK weve all prob done it at some time but to admit it openly on a public forum is thick...

But Yeah I cant see a R5 chocolate "LETS WHACK THE BOOST UP" engine beating a Starlet.. I beat many an R5 at Crail Raceway, one was even running 1.5bar boost and was slowest thing on earth..

PSI JOE

Member +
factory freak? or driver? who know youve got to remember 6.9 was when the cars were new dude! they are older now and tirered. well not really but who know! you can race me if youd like to lose haha.

ollyhock

Fresh Recruit
ha ha thought that would get a response!!
nop it was a turbo black big exhaust and it went like shit off a shovel, definatly a turbo . but it wasnt as fast as my 5 gt 68k 1 owner totaly standard.

dantheman

Member +
ive had a couple of renaults 5's and a good few starbo's now. and can tell you a stock starbo would munch a stock r5 easy.. especially top end.. and im not biased as i do like the old r5's. :)

chall

Member +
i dont believe theres a R5GTT out there that isn't modified! every one will have a scorpion exhaust or similar and a bleed valve to crank the boost up. it must be down to the driver and im not saying that as an excuse but seriously look at the stats

Starlet: 133bhp and 6.9 -> 60mph
R5: 120bhp and 7.3 -> 60mph

i cant imagine you reached 60mph on a 30mph public highway at least i hope not but the 5 may have been that 'slight' bit quicker off the mark as it may have more low down torque being an 8v

but what im getting at is a 5 couldnt outrun a starlet
:shoot:

ollyhock

Fresh Recruit
old and tired , it was newer than my car!! a corsa vxr 200 bhp does it in 6.9 secs not a starlet gt
toyota is a good car im not knocking it and its pretty bomb proof ,i like them , i think they handle shit unless there tweaked but my wifes colt czt handles even worse ,its fast but its scarey

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
OK... Why exactly did you put up this post? This is a Starlet site, and you seem to have come on here to slate Starlets?

We do not condone street racing on here chap, so, if you want to remain a member of this site, then put up posts that are more in keeping with the site.

Tread carefully now, as you'll be watched from here on.

* THREAD CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.