Questions about Forging

parkiboy

Member +
Hi, as some of you know i have my car up for sale as i was goin rwd, i just cant bring myself to leave the starlets yet tho so im doing one more starlet which i am aiming to be a monster drag spec starlet :p

Just wondered if when forging is it essential to use ARP head bolts and main studs?

Also what mm headgasket should be used for around the 300bhp mark?

thanks

Gee

Member +
You can't get ARP headbolts anyway, unless you get the ones for the AE(?) and tap the block.

I use standard headbolts at 275hp and have no problems, other run more with standard bolts too, like the big powered ones in Aus.

Lot of talk on the net about the studs and how they may not be really needed, but if you buy forged rods, you will get then anyway.

BTW, 300hp at the fly is not really considered a monster Starlet in my book :p

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
If you aiming to run high boost levels, while your blocks being machined get them to machine the threads out and get the 4age ARP headbolts as i highly recommend using them with high boost levels.

If you want to push the 5e to its limits do everything possible to it, the engines only as strong as its weakest link.

~Nick

weeJohn

Lifer
I agree, went through the same motions as you and did not do it.

Wish now I had. I think you also need to machine the head to allow you to get the nuts on as the 4AGE kit is studs.

Ask Hybrid or do a search.