Questions regarding running 1 bar SAFE on ct9 4efte

Festival500

Fresh Recruit
Hi, I have searched for the answer to this but can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere.

I currently have a ep91 set to 1 bar with this spec currently:

Fmic
Fuel cut defender
Hks actuator
Blitz dump valve
Apexi exhaust system
Decat
Hks mushroom filter

Iv not had the car long and know this set up is not right to run 1 bar so have not gone over 0.8bar on boost since I found out and have it booked in to have an aftermarket manifold and sard fpr fitted on Sunday. Is there anything else I should look at doing such as fuel pump? Hope the engine isn't damaged already...any signs to look out for.

Any ideas what sort of power it should be running.

Any help would be really helpful

Cheers guys

Dan

AdamB

Member +
Could uprate the fuel pump, seeing as the one thats in there is probably the same one as when it rolled out the factory over 10 years ago, so it will be tired.
As for engine damage, just do a compression test. Check for any burning oil/water, any leaks, condition of iginition system, leads, plugs, rotor arm etc.
I'll say about 175bhp.

Festival500

Fresh Recruit
Nice one, I'll have that checked out then. Its frustrating that the previous owner didn't do the supporting mods b4 turning up the boost, hopefully iv got there before any damage caused :) fingers crossed. 1 bar seems pretty common to run on the starlets from what iv read

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
yea i never said he had no nope but i highy doubt 175bhp if hes running .8.its surely capable but with the boost hes on atm i doubt its putting it out

John@ECC

Lifer
Here's a STD engine EP91 we mapped yesturday on a emanage blue @ 1.2 bar on a TD04 turbo

624573cc.jpg

AdamB

Member +
no fueling mods?? a hks fcd wont solve the fueling.. a rrfpr+fcd and a rolling road session to check the fueling

He said in the first post its going in for a uprated manifold and fpr on Sunday ;)

Well if he was to run 1 bar I would expect it to be close to around 185bhp-195bhp, maybe more depending on engine condition.

@John, thats a very good result, how many miles has the engine covered?

John@ECC

Lifer
He said in the first post its going in for a uprated manifold and fpr on Sunday ;)

Well if he was to run 1 bar I would expect it to be close to around 185bhp-195bhp, maybe more depending on engine condition.

@John, thats a very good result, how many miles has the engine covered?

It was freshly rebuilt by someone a few months ago AFAIK.

Festival500

Fresh Recruit
Good read thanks for feedback so far. So basically a fuel pump is not essential, but worth having it on a rr session to check fueling then if that's aright I'm good to go! My turbo has no shaft play no smoke so hoping that's running well and engine only done 58k. Iv had timing belt, leads, filter ,millers oil change etc done already so engine should be healthy as long as the previous owner hasn't foocked it already by setting boost to 1 bar without mani and rrfpr! Thanks again for all your comments so far.

Festival500

Fresh Recruit
yea i never said he had no nope but i highy doubt 175bhp if hes running .8.its surely capable but with the boost hes on atm i doubt its putting it out

I'm currently running 1bar as iv was told actuator does not have the range on it to drop as low as 0.8 but I have not let my boost gauge show more than 0.8 when on boost if that makes sense.

milooo

Member +
I only made 172.9 hp with:

Full 5zigen exhaust system
HKS Actuator
Toyosports Inlet Manifold
Toyosports Decat Downpipe
HDi FMiC
Blitz LM Induction Kit
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Uprated Walbro Fuel Pump
Sytec Fuel Pressure Regulator