quick question regarding lost bolt! lol!

Kev

Member +
Tonight I starting removing the stock intercooler system ready for fitting my HDI intercooler kit tomorrow.

manifold

slight problem, whilst removing the bolts to the intercooler piping that has the dump valve attached, the bolt on the left fell between the actuator and turbo and I cannot for the life of me find it.

I'm sure it hasn't fell through onto the ground as I have checked and I have also been underneath the car looking up to see if I can locate it and I can't.

My question, is there any place that the bolt could of fell that would cause any damage to the engine?

thanks for any help
Kev

steo800

Member +
if you still got aircon in and working, it could be sat ontop of the air con pump and worst case scenario lodge itself between the pulley and the belt possible snapping belt or damaging pulley - go find that nut!

you can undo the air con pump from its mounts and shake it around, would require you to take off the belt aswell.

dont give up on the nut though, they always pop up!!

Kev

Member +
So other then that, there isn't any real place it could have fell to do any other damage?

many thanks for the help, rep coming your way.

Kev

Spoonz

Member +
i bet it landed just to the left of the turbo theres like a bracket there have a look ;)

also me personally wouldnt worry just drive it a few feet up the road listenng for it to fall

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
im always doing this, ive got stock suspension so i normally just give the car a good shake and wait to hear the bolt drop onto the floor lol

Kev

Member +
I know it's soo frustrating, I was being so careful when removing everything for just one bolt to go missing!

Yeah I have the plastic sump guard on the car, in fact I even removed that to find it and still couldn't.

Light was fading tonight, so I had to give up. I'll look again tomorrow.

Kev