quinn direct

richglanzav

Member +
hey ive brought bicrod's glanza, and am waitin a few days till i am 21 to insure it...will sum1 tell me WHY THE FUCK quinn direct wont give me a quote price or even a rough idea what the price will be??? or any1 got any estimates? i kno i shudda waited b4 buying this car but i am an impatient bastard...its a standard 4efte and only mods are an intercooler alloys and coilovers (nuffin to increase power)...and policy will start when i am 21 and got 1years NCB with passplus and no claims or convictions/accidents etc...SOME1 GIVE ME A QUOTE!!!!!!!! :flame:

Dave.

Member +
get a quote with bell mate, they now od a "flexi bell" policy, which is even cheaper..

I'm 20 with a lot of mods and only pay £680 Fully comp!

Dave

ragz

Member +
hey ive brought bicrod's glanza, and am waitin a few days till i am 21 to insure it...will sum1 tell me WHY THE FUCK quinn direct wont give me a quote price or even a rough idea what the price will be??? or any1 got any estimates? i kno i shudda waited b4 buying this car but i am an impatient bastard...its a standard 4efte and only mods are an intercooler alloys and coilovers (nuffin to increase power)...and policy will start when i am 21 and got 1years NCB with passplus and no claims or convictions/accidents etc...SOME1 GIVE ME A QUOTE!!!!!!!! :flame:

at 19 i was paying 2k wiv 2 ncb

they only give quotes over the phone for imports i fink

Dave.

Member +
Fook knows mate. I found that (with the Policy in MY name) naming my parents as drivers on my policy (they use it from time to time) reduced the price by around £200...

Go figure?

Dave

Gilly2006

Member +
Fook knows mate. I found that (with the Policy in MY name) naming my parents as drivers on my policy (they use it from time to time) reduced the price by around £200...

Go figure?

Dave

agreed!! im 19, 0ncbs, with bell they quoted me 1800 TPFT, put both my parents on, with me as a main driver rents as named drivers, which they both will drive the car from time to time, esspecially my dad, and it dropped to 1300 quid. at 21 with 1 years ncb, you will be looking 800-1000.

bigdoods

Member +
quinn turned around to me and said that but by law they have to quote you a price if u hav d car bought so tell them u hav d car and give a fake reg. simple as.im just 18.no yrs ncb.on my own policy payin 2500euro 3rd party in ireland.

Toymota

Member +
i got my glanza when i turned 19 and paid £1000 fully comp. i am now 21 and pay just under £700 fully comp and im due for renewal in november. try Elephant.

bigdoods

Member +
insurance

yes by law they have to quote you.I rang up for a quote and they said i would hav to be 21 with a full licence before they insure me on the car because it was a ",high performance vehicle," and i said yes ok but im sitting looking at the car and they said ok and put me on hold...(gone talkin to the manager)...came back then and quoted me. i know an 18yr old dat wanted to insure a type-r turbo and gave a fake number plate until he got a nice price den said ",oh sry mate i made a mistake on d number plate der can i correct it please," and corrected it and then bought the insurance.oh i hav a full licence aswel on the price i said there:)

Last edited:

Toymota

Member +
ya by law dey have to quote u.i rang up for a quote and dey z i hav to be 21 wi a full licence b4 dey insure me and i z ya k but im sittin lookin at d car and dey z k and put me n hold...(gone talkin to a superior)...back den and quoted me. i no an 18yr old dat wanted to insure a type r turbo and gave a fake number plate til he got a nice price den z "oh sry i made a mistake on d no. plate der can i correct it please" and corrected it and bought insurance.oh iv a full licence aswel on d price der i z:)

you might want to re-write that in english

Phil

Super Moderator
yes by law they have to quote you.I rang up for a quote and they said i would hav to be 21 with a full licence before they insure me on the car because it was a ",high performance vehicle," and i said yes ok but im sitting looking at the car and they said ok and put me on hold...(gone talkin to the manager)...came back then and quoted me. i know an 18yr old dat wanted to insure a type-r turbo and gave a fake number plate until he got a nice price den said ",oh sry mate i made a mistake on d number plate der can i correct it please," and corrected it and then bought the insurance.oh i hav a full licence aswel on the price i said there:)

not doubting you mate, just wondering can anyone else confirm this? do an insurance company have to BY LAW quote you if you have bought the car?

Dave.

Member +
Don't think so mate, they just say they can't insure you on it. Even if it were true, they'd just give you a silly price :(

I have a friend who's just passed (17) driving an xr3i, costing him about £310 a month for insurance alone. horrendous price, at over £3400 a year.

Dave

Toymota

Member +
Don't think so mate, they just say they can't insure you on it. Even if it were true, they'd just give you a silly price :(

I have a friend who's just passed (17) driving an xr3i, costing him about £310 a month for insurance alone. horrendous price, at over £3400 a year.

Dave

there was a guy on mlr the other day prepared to £5000 to insure an evo!!

Toymota

Member +
yeah true. i cant believe that i can insure an evo for the same price as what some of you are paying for a starlet!