r/r RESULTS WELL PLEASED!!!!

hi just thought i would let everyone know that i had my car r/r on saturday which was a real success way better results than i thought it got 181.8bhp which they said was very good for what i have on it and the most bhp so far out of a starlet/glanza of this spec as in - running standard turbo and ecu !
i had a talk with them about td04 and hybrids and i think that im gonna go the hybrid route as i use car everyday and am only looking for the 200bhp mark anyways which they have said i will hit most deffinatley with when i get the hybrid with different management and my water sprayers on !!! so all in all a very good day . im happy and thats the main thing gave me a real boost especially proved the hours on the car have been worth it lol ha ha !!

madman

Member +
nice one bud bet your wel happy with it... as long as she moves on the road thats all that matters

spec is in profile ! yeah good results well happy im not doing the td04 as have drove one and it felt quite lazy till turbo picked right up apparently the hybrid turbo is right there when you need it i havent drove a hybrid one thou but guess the tuners there no there stuff ! (he had one him self)
and also apparently for day to day driving the hybrid is the way to go but the td04 is good for drags,r/r days cause of the pure power they kick out !
im not really wanting that just want to get to the 200bhp mark really as i think that this will be more than enough for the skool run for me as im a mum with 2 boys lol !!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i was annoyed that i didnt fit my water sprayers on to the starlet as when they were doing the r/r he sprayed some water on to the fmic to show me what i could have got with them on and it give 4bhp more !!! so could have got like 186.8ish but im happy and at least i no that putting it on there all helps lol

Kelly

Member +
school run in a Starlet, lol immense.

Tut been doing it for years Stu get with the times :p

What boost are you running on the ct9? Probably squeeze alot more power out of it with some proper engine management on there. Is there any graphs to go with this thread? :)

yeah got a graph will get it up here later tonight !! that was 13psi so nearly a bar !!
yeah kel im looking to get some management but gotta holiday in july so no more money is going on the car for a month now but then back on it
what management do people recomend ? the tuner at the r/r said blue emanage ultimate ?
hoping to have hybrid and the management done by august along with few other lil bits in engine bay and have it r/r again !!!!!
confident i will get over 200bhp next time i happy though im really enjoying the car only had it since end of april and i got it standard except some wheels and exhaust so the print out i got wasnt to bad

Blak_Mamber

Member +
what management do people recomend ? the tuner at the r/r said blue emanage ultimate ?

Think he means just Greddy Emanage Blue (ultimate is better one, but blue would be more than suitable for your car)

Good choice to go for i'd say.

Great result dude. Id be very happy with that on a CT9. :drive:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
thanks ! yeah so if i was to get management either one is ok ? even with my hybrid im getting yeah ?! cheers

Yes mate, either one will be fine. Depends how much money you wanna spend as the ultimate is a couple of hundred quid more + has more features. May aswell stick with the blue.

Have a read of the info below, got it from toytuning.com:

Greddy E-Manage Blue Full Kit for all Toyota Starlet EP82 and EP91 models.

The Greddy E-Manage Blue Full Kit is a cost effective programmable engine management system that allows you to properly tune your factory engine control without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive standalone unit. The E-Manage system is a true universal piggy-back type unit that taps into the EP82/EP91 factory ECU wiring. The major benefit is the factory ECU settings become your Base-MAP for tuning. There is no need for extensive tuning for normal driving conditions, but does allow the tuner to fine tune, adjust for injector changes, and add new MAP(s) for situations the factory ECU is not capable of (like on-boost conditions).

Free firmware updates can be obtained via the Greddy tech page. Basic functions will allow the tuner to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, a maximum 50% larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic data-logging. With the use of the Injector Harness and software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors.