Race-Tech TD04 Kit

Starlet_Jake

Fresh Recruit
Hello Everyone

I was just looking at some the TD04 kits you can buy and there is just a few bits i want To ask about the race-tech kit

It says
Producing 230bhp+ @ 1Bar
Is this safe to run on a non forged engine
And i no i have to use a fcd and fpr but what fuel pressure do i have to set it to and What number do i set the fcd to

If any one can help with be very grateful
Thanks Jake

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
all this stuff is in the forums already.

1 bar on a td04 is fine on a stock engine
a fcd and fpr is a a primitive option get some proper management instead.

Nippon

Member +
TM-Developments will sort you out with an ECU fitted and mapped for £500. (Dastek Uni-chip)
But there are all sorts of other ECU's out there.

I'll find the ECU king thread for ya

Starlet_Jake

Fresh Recruit
thanks Nippon i will have a look at it

but for the time being till i save some cash i will just use a fcd and fpr so dose any one no what fuel pressure do i have to set it to and What number do i set the fcd to

thanks Jake

Nippon

Member +
Best to get the FPR set up using an air/fuel ratio meter.

I could have an educated guess but i'm gonna leave it for another member who has a TD04 set at 1bar to answer as they will will know better.
It does vary slightly from car to car depending on set-up so using and AFR gauge will be best without a doubt.

You can also contact Ricky@Racetech with any in-depth queries you might have over his kits mate.

He also does the mapping for his kits and his results are proven especially on non-forged engines. Very helpful guy and will give you the right advice to suit your needs.

Racetech Contact

Joz

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Its all down to the condition of your engine and your tune which are the most important factors.

Member in the past that i can vaguely remember (steveep82), his GT ran 270bhp on a stock engine until a boost controller hose popped. Members in Jamaica run more on a stock engine and same in Malta i believe?

Iain

pc18

why spend all that cash on a fancy stainless turbo kit to run it on a fpr and fcd? you would be better off saving until you can afford proper management.

madman

Member +
why spend all that cash on a fancy stainless turbo kit to run it on a fpr and fcd? you would be better off saving until you can afford proper management.

x2 and you will see more power with a piggyback or standalone kit

pc18

x2 and you will see more power with a piggyback or standalone kit

not just more power but you will get a better power band and economy. an example of this was a local guy swapped his golf for a glanza then he put a shit front mount, autobahn decat and mani on it no filter, bought a fcd and fpr turned the boost up and it made 180 bhp on the ct9 which was good power for what he had actually spent on the car, but although the car made 180bhp the fueling was all over the place, lines going everywhere on the dyno graph.

if you cant afford some management like emu, daztek, power fc, link, fcon, megasquirt, haltech, dta, omex ect why not spend less on the turbo kit like a wepr or zisco both make perfectly good kits but a good bit cheaper than a ricklee setup.
but the racetech kits are very nice!!

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
not just more power but you will get a better power band and economy. an example of this was a local guy swapped his golf for a glanza then he put a shit front mount, autobahn decat and mani on it no filter, bought a fcd and fpr turned the boost up and it made 180 bhp on the ct9 which was good power for what he had actually spent on the car, but although the car made 180bhp the fueling was all over the place, lines going everywhere on the dyno graph.

if you cant afford some management like emu, daztek, power fc, link, fcon, megasquirt, haltech, dta, omex ect why not spend less on the turbo kit like a wepr or zisco both make perfectly good kits but a good bit cheaper than a ricklee setup.
but the racetech kits are very nice!!

x2

WEPR have been on the scene longer than anyone that make turbo kits, they have experienced the trial and error stage and make some of the best kits available today.

pc18

yeah my wepr ram kit is great quality just a shame about the mild steel flanges and wastegate pipe but for the price i cant complain.

GTom TURBO

Member +
I made 230 on the nose with my td04 kit from race tech mate, main components you will need if you want it to last is

TD04 kit
Gizzmo boost controller
piggy back or standalone management
RRFPR
330 cc Injectors ( ran my standard ones for a while but they where maxed which is not recommended )

I personally would buy new dizzy cap, rotor arm and new leads ( magnacor or trd )

My build thread is on the uk starlet forum. http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33884

Hope this helps mate

Tom