Rally Games, Are there best years over??

Vglanza

Member +
As stated in title are there no good rally games anymore, i used to love the colin mcrea series, but they havent made a good wrc since CM4, i mean CM Dirt really isnt a good game, they ruined it trying too make it sellable to the U.S market and they use his name because his name boosts sales, it makes you think oh thats Colin mcrea, it must be good. But the driving has went too the gutters, being a more acrade style now. wondering what you guys think??.

GTnomez

Member +
Dirt 2 is a good game and codemaster are making Dirt 3 now which should be interesting.

Looking forward to GRID 2 aswell.

Vglanza

Member +
i dont like the fact the Dirt and Dirt 2 have strayed so far from the original WRC scene, and there driving isnt realistic enough for me, i think if you put CM4 in today's graphic's and effects, it would out do Dirt or Dirt 2, i like the drifting in grid but thats about it. im more a GT or forza man myself. i like the realistic driving.

durmz

Member +
yeah I hear you mate, used to love the old colin mcreas on ps1 and 2, now wouldnt ever bother to pick up a rally game as cant really stand them. Im a fan of the realistic driving too but did enjoy grid myself, didnt know number 2 was headed, will definatly pick that up, drifting was really cool and some properly cool looking drift cars, I cant drift on gt5 to save my life haha, anyone got a good suspension setup for drifting on gt5? as I seem to make rwd cars understeer 0_o

-cuffy-

Member +
yea there are no good rally games anymore, the old colin mcrea games were the best on the ps1 and ps2, i agree the dirt games have become to arcadey sort to speak, im liking gt5 atm its good but to me the graphics let it down some what :( .

Sparky

Member +
I know exactly what you mean mate!!

PS2 was the era of rally games, the new WRC on 360 looks utter wank as its done by a different company now, I do like the DIRT series as they are very playable games and DIRT 3 looks savage

Its just like when Codemasters went from the Official BTCC TOCA series, that was immense, then it went "mainstream"