re-map jam ecu

ped87

Member +
i want to get my jam ecu re-mapped, what do i need? is there software i need to get etc..... or where can i get it done any help would be great cheers

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
The only way is to send it to japan as no one has the facilities out side JP

Franza1

It's the way they are manufactured, They use a chip that they program using a UV Writer and a base map that they modify to the specs of the car and they never released the program or base map, so there is no way to do it without them

Elaine

Lifer
That’s not a very good is this so they limit the amount of people that use them?

Also do they not need your car to map it?

Sorry for all the question

Franza1

well it;s more to protect the inital investment they made as the toyota ECU is very hard to crack

To get it perfectly dialled in yes,

Timmy

Member +
Yeh it's not that hard to install a daughter board. But it's not really re-programmable.
Most unit out there have a base map on for boost up on a ct9.
A few units out there have been re-flashed and yes they would need your ecu and car in japan to do this. I know knightsports ecu for the rx7 are similar, alot of US owners got together and got knightsport to tour the usa reflashing ecu's. Maybe if there are enough people that wanted it done you could get jam to come to the uk, but it would take alot of people i would have thought.

dac69er

Super Moderator
its just a normal chip. so if you had the facilities to read the information on it and decipher it then you could probably get any tuner to remap it.

in theory you could quite easily reproduce your own daughter boards and sell them as a kit for people so they can have an uprated ecu. would need to be able to get hold of the parts, produce printed circuit boards and program chips.

ped87

Member +
thanks ive got a fmic and exhaust to fit and a manifold when it arrives and just wanted it setup for the mods what is the best thing to do then?

Franza1

It should be able to composate for that, Mine Runs a CT9 at .9 bar and 1 bar, Exhaust, Manifold and FMIC and still over fuels a bit, it's self trimming ot an extent