reaching 200bhp ?

andrewpany2002

Fresh Recruit
hi, im just wondering what it would take to reach 200bhp with a ep82, would it be reliable ? and is 200bhp possible using the ct9 turbo reliably ? if anyone could list the mods id have to do or if anyone knows a link that alredy answers my question id be very greatful
cheers !!

jamesbaa

Member +
a quick answer is NO, you wont acheive 200hp with the standered ct9, at the very least you'de need to get a hybrid ct9 but 200hp will still be pushing it, the most common mod to reach the 200 and over mark is the TD04 which im actually in the process off doing at the moment!!!

andrewpany2002

Fresh Recruit
ye i would definatley go high brid but i was wondering what else id need to do befor upgrading the turbo such as fuelling mods. would i have to change ecu ?

jamesbaa

Member +
you'de need to get some sort off piggy back unit, GReedy emanage etc...., you'de need to have some sort of adjustable fuel regulator, and some way off controlling the boost... do a search you'll find loads off info on the subject!!!!

Gee

Member +
And my gran made the same on her wheelchair, but I reckon the RR was reading a little high ;)

turbo-dan

Member +
will let you no very soon if 200 is achievable on a hybrid with full supporting mods mate as mine is being set up as we speak :)

i am running as follows

hybrid turbo
fmic
greedy profec spec 2 boost controler
greedy emanage with full support
rrfpv
s.s braced manifold
s.s braced de-cat
relocated filter
then just the norm mods as in plugs leads ect ect

j4cko

Member +
mine made 215.6 with a ct9 hybrid, but im not too sure about the reading, so im getting a power run done this wkend to see what it comes up with

turbo-dan

Member +
personally i think too many people dismiss the potentiol of a hybrid with good supporting mods and a VERY GOOD TUNER BEHIND IT but we shall see

time will tell once the track days start rolling, see how the hybrid punishes the lag turbos on a twisty track :):):):)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
This is what we recommend for 200hp @ fly:

· Toy Tuning Hybrid CT9 or Equiv

. Toy Tuning Mild Steel Manifold

· Zep Decat / WEPR Decat

· Cat Back system (Greddy/5Zigen)

The car is now expelling gases more efficiently.

· Power Enterprise Air Filter

· Heat Reflective tape for Inlet Track

. Replocate to front bumper

Car is now breathing more efficiently

· Raise the Rear of the Bonnet with washers

· Front Mounted Intercooler (Autobahn)

· Sard Thermostat

· Sard Rad Cap

Car is now cooling more efficiently

· New Spark Plugs (NGK 7 – one grade colder)

· New HT leads (Magnecore 8.0mm)

Ignition system now works

· Uprated Fuel Pump

· Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator

. Greddy Emanage

· Rolling Road Session

Car now fuelling adequately

This should net you around 180bhp - 200bhp on 18 psi max. This then leaves the brakes and chassis which will need to be sorted to cope with the power. I would recommend at a min:

· 3G 10GR Front Disks

· Mintex Pads

· New OEM Rear Pads

· Braided Brake Lines

· Cusco BMCS

You can now stop!

· D2 Coilovers / Koni Shock Absorbers with Whiteline Springs

· Front and Rear Strut Braces (Cusco)

· Whiteline Panhard Rod

· Cusco Lower Arm Bar

· Anitlift kit

Power to ground greatly improved.

That’s a basic list of what we recommend, obviously there are many more parts that will net you a good handling car that can stop with power to match.

Thanks,

T

Gee

Member +
I don't 100% agree with the SARD radiator cap and SARD thermostat.

Especially not with the weather we are getting at the moment and in winter.

Pump - Replacing for piece of mind? I'm sure they flow enough for 200hp? Could be wrong.

RRFPR - Do you definately need one for 200hp? Won't the Emange take car of that?

Last edited: