really F****** off

alexgt

Member +
Just had the garage phone me up with a price for doing my head gasket!!!!

800 quid without a skim

900 quid with a skim so looks like my baby could be off the road for quite a while then!!!:mad::mad:

is this bout right money or are they just taking the piss????

alexgt

Member +
they are saying that it includes all new oil filter coolant they are also going to do the cam belt whilst its all off. but still seem exspensive!!!

madman

Member +
that is an extortionist price even with new filters and coolant its a crazy price id definitely try somewhere else

Craig_GT

Lifer
they are saying that it includes all new oil filter coolant they are also going to do the cam belt whilst its all off. but still seem exspensive!!!

List everythin they are offerin at that price, seems youv missed stuff out?

alexgt

Member +
cam belt kit
Headgasket kit (not sure if headbots are included in this)
New oil
New filter
new toyota red coolant
And Labour!!

lingl9z

Member +
thats taking the piss, i paid 1/4 that for headgasket+skim+ timingbelt water pump, oil, coolant etc

GTdan

In The Closet
cam belt kit
Headgasket kit (not sure if headbots are included in this)
New oil
New filter
new toyota red coolant
And Labour!!

Oil £20
Filter - £10
Coolant - £17
Headgasket - £80

so like £600 for labour...i would get quotes elsewhere.

turbostar

Member +
thats way to dear also my brother had to have his head skimed and it only cost £30, try some where els fella

rb69

Member +
Ring them up and say fuck you very much, but i'm going somewhere who won't need me to sell a kidney to pay for this job.

lleey2k4

Member +
That rediculous my place would easily do that for the best part of £400.

Timing belt needs to come off anyway so that should be no extra labour, we also change thermo not sure if you mentioned that :p then the usual headgasket kit with all other gaskets, oil, filter, coolant, £30 head skim.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
:)mad price lad i get them done for 55 euros for headgasket,skimmed head 35 euros ,oil filter oil 45 euros,new headbolts 25 euros then putting it on 150 euros,say all in 320 euros ,800 just seems day light robbery:(