Rear axle cost

mork

Member +
Hey guys. Just a quick question...what would you expect to pay for a used rear axle including discs & calipers, delivered? I have no idea what to offer, but he's quoted me £250, which I can't justify spending at the moment.
I don't know how good/bad the condition is, but it's off a 20yr old car, so usual rust and marks are gonna be there.

Cheers!

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
rear axle bits & bobs

well, i know we are not in the same market but perhaps this will help you narrow down a cost. you can get one here for anything between 90 and 110 pounds. delivery/collection is on you though.. ;)

what you get is: rear axle + trailing arm bushes; brake rotors; brake pads; parking brake cables; panhard rod (stock); brake lines (up to the chassis brake junction only) & if you are lucky, wheel nuts.. :D

Paul_JJ

Member +
Hey guys. Just a quick question...what would you expect to pay for a used rear axle including discs & calipers, delivered? I have no idea what to offer, but he's quoted me £250, which I can't justify spending at the moment.
I don't know how good/bad the condition is, but it's off a 20yr old car, so usual rust and marks are gonna be there.

Cheers!

Won't be much, I'd say around £100 including the brake discs - a lot of people just scrap them!!!! Look for those who break the whole car.