rear brake lines help

td04 project:)

Member +
rite i have fitted my new hell braided brake lines on the front and i am doing the back just now but im not 100% sure about them?
They go from metal pipes to rubber then back to metal and back to rubber again and on to the caliper. Do i just bypass the metal pipes in the middle and go straight to the caliper with my new lines?
feck me i even have confused myself now lol if any1 has done this has understands can u help please:)

Thanks guys

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
How many pipes do you have for the back? Do you have one long pipe for each side or two short ones the same length as the standard rubber ones.

Member +
It is just one pipe i have got new but im just not sure if their is a reason for the metal section of pipe being their in the first place?

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Is the pipe you have long enough to reach the caliper? If so you just leave out the metal pipe im sure. The kit i ordered only had a short pipe the same length as one of the standard rubber ones so had to get a second pipe made up for each side to basically replace the two pipes directly which left the metal pipe in between them. The kits TM Developments do however come with one long pipe so it bypasses all that. Hope this makes sense.

Stuart

Member +
nice1 stuart that is exactly what i needed to no, yeh the pipe is long enough to reach caliper so i will just do that:)
Cheers, allan

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
No problem at all, glad to help. As i said i had to go the 2 pipe route but im sure someone that has fitted them can offer there tips if you get stuck.

Stuart

nazzurro19

Member +
I fitted mine about an hour ago i screwed it into the top of the line undid/hacksawed all the metal to rubber to metal bits and put the line thru one of the gaps then connected onto caliper - so
Basically

Take it all out and connect one end to the pipe and other to caliper and make sure u secure the line so it wont get trapped by ya shocks pics are availavle if needed