Rear Caliper Seals

hga05

Member +
Does anyone have any slider seals or the one that goes around the outside edge of the piston and would it matter not having these on as i think they are just a dust/dirt seal and i cant seem to buy them on there own

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can get them from toyota. you may have to buy a set per caliper but they arent exactly expensive if thats all you need!

hga05

Member +
i just need these 3 seals but toyota only supply with all the internal seals etc, and i dont really need all that and these seals only seam to be a weather seal and i wasnt sure how it would perform without them.

Craig_GT

Lifer
Im sure i have a seized caliper in the garage.. if u can get me a pic of exact what ur after a could strip the fcuker and send u the bits? a aint too sure what ur askin for tbh but if a seized one is any use to you u can let me know?

dac69er

Super Moderator
has it just seized and you removed it or has it been messed about with in anyway way? how much would you want for it?

Craig_GT

Lifer
a tried to put the piston back in and a couldnt so a just replaced it mate.. al stick up pics if u want? if u give me 20mins.

make me an offer.. the postage will be a bitch tho?

p.s its drivers side am sure

dac69er

Super Moderator
yeah. just thought off that. its a heavy lump, never mind. stick picks up anyway. will help this lad out as he can explain what bits he wants

dac69er

Super Moderator
how much would you say it actually weighs? postage doesnt seem too bad if you go to standard delivery

dac69er

Super Moderator
you also need the piston dust seal? if so just get the whole kit and recon the lot. wont do it any harm if done properly.

hga05

Member +
im sure the other seals where internal ones aswell, seemed like there were quite a few seals in the pic but how would i remove the piston to change the oil seals etc.

Craig_GT

Lifer
here are pics of the seized caliper i have guys...

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg