rear strut brace

Raji_boy

Member +
hi...just received my rear strut brace 2day....had a go fitting it but i couldnt do it...it goes on to the middle bolt to of the rear suspension mount....
everytime i try to undo the bolt the whole mount semms to twist with it...

how can i get the bolt off....any ideas ppl

and can i just the the bolt off and put the strut throw, wld it damage anyfing if the tke the bolt out.....
thanks

turbojim

Lifer
get an air gun if you have one lad slap on your socket and pulse it like give it quick bursts of power always works for me

if not get a rag and a vice grip and put it on the very top of the shaft in the middle of shock and then open your bolt

Raji_boy

Member +
oyt...so the bolt will cum ut..jst gota get my way in...my air compressor aitn wrkin man...so gota use my handy tools and fight with the top mount....wel....cheers man..i'll hv a try 2moz and c wat result i cn get..cheers for the hlp

I wouldnt clamp the ram of the damper at all - they are so easily damaged:(

What worked for me was to sit in the boot. (don't look at me like I've two heads:p)
With the extra weight on the rear suspensions they will not spin the shock around so easily enabling you to remove the top nut with no problem. Also if using a spanner try opening the nut by hitting the spanner with a hammer. The shock of this usually helps also rather than leaning on it or pulling it:)

Raji_boy

Member +
man...it'sso hard doing it...still working on it...been told to get the whole suspension out....but now aidan came out wid sum supa ideas......cheers dude...on my way 2 my car.....i'll giv ur idea a go ...hope it wrks man...cheers