Rear washer jet not working!!!!

ep82lunacy

Member +
Ive just come in from trying to get my rear washer jet working.. First I suspected a dodgy pump because when you flicked the switch inside the car the pump was not making any noise. So I got a pump from another car which I knew was working and put it in which is still doing nothing??? Any ideas:confused:. Could it possibly be the switch inside the car that is at fault.

lleey2k4

Member +
Does the pump make a sound?

Does the front washer jet work? (i've never had a problem but im guessing they will be both off the same fuse)

Check for a blocked pipe by getting a blower on the piping.

ep82lunacy

Member +
The pump works when you use the front jets but nothing on the back. Im just after using a set of switches from another starlet there and it is still at the same thing.:confused:

Guye

Lifer
Take a needle or small tip cleaning tool for a welders torch and trying "clearing" the nozzle at the back. They get blocked sometimes, stick the needle in and remove any blockage, then use gentle pressure to redirect the jet when you want the water to flow.

Arnold

Lifer
Always check the basics, blown fuses, the wiring connector on the washer motor and then check the switch. use a multimeter to test