rebuild?

SWGLANZA

Member +
Putting this one up for a mate of mine, who recently purchased a gt, basically im thinking that the engine is in need of a rebuild. Firstly there is alot of oil coming out of the breather and it is whistling, it is also breathing out of the dipstick, hes had a compression test done and two were running over 1 hundred, 1 was at 90 and the other 70, i reckon its shagged but he wanted me to ask you wise people on here first before he does a complete rebuild, is it likely to be anything else other than piston damage ect?

hybrid4efte

Fresh Recruit
It strongly looks like piston/rings/head ect ect it will be one of the things along them lines.

But at the end of the day the engine will need stripping to be repaired in any senario the block will need to be stripped to asses damage ect so may aswell rebuild it properly once and not have to worry about it .:) its just good working practise mate

hybrid4efte

Fresh Recruit
affraid so mate :( but on the plus side once done ( correctly) u can bet ya bottom dollor he wont have to touch it again and will ensure a great healthy engine to build from as thats the basics before we even think about tuneing our cars

weakboy2

Member +
Steve its probs cracked the pistons, althou on the advert it says it has ross racing forgies, so maybe the bores are worn out? is the engine noisy on idle?

SWGLANZA

Member +
Its quiet on idle mate, i dont think its been forged personally, anychance you could maybe have a look at it mate?

weakboy2

Member +
could do at some point bud, if it had forged pistons it should be quite rattly when cold

easiest bet would be to whack a second hand engine in there imo, they are piece of cake to change

Elaine

Lifer
Not sounding good Steve bet your well happy lol

I hope he gets it sorted soon and with out to much cost I want him to buy my wheels lol

SWGLANZA

Member +
lol i will have a word with him! He does still want your wheels E :) Im not bothered gives me some competion if his runs well lol :p

Elaine

Lifer
lol i will have a word with him! He does still want your wheels E :) Im not bothered gives me some competion if his runs well lol :p

Good stuff I like how you dont see Lewis as competion hehehehe

Really though if the engine is not forged put another one in. Lewis got mine in and out in a day sure he would let you pay him in parts!

SWGLANZA

Member +
lol well i think hes gonna get someone to take the head off to have a look about, Lewis's car is not about yet so cant count that yet lol, well at the mo its got two different wheels on the front from the back but your more than welcome to make him an offer lol, we should all meet up soon to sort things out :)

weakboy2

Member +
well sticking to td04 atm, had the kit here for ages lol. might try out a hybrid later on in the year, just gotta make sure its reliable first.

lol ur engine seems unbreakable

SWGLANZA

Member +
lol heres hoping :) I will have to come and have a look at your GT soon, we should be seeing some brakes soon aswell ;)

weakboy2

Member +
yeah hopefully :p my GT is an old bone, just with a nice phat rollcage in it lol

I dont want a minter tho, gonna be pretty much a track car so its gonna get scratched and scuff probly anyways