Rebuilding....any advice?

A172

Member +
Hello there....I have a stock ep82 4efte and last week the motor started spitting lots of oil through the valve cover breather as well as smoke....

Did a compression test and got 140 in cylinders 1 and 3, 90 in cylinders 2 and 4...

Took apart the engine and piston 2 and 4 are cracked on the intake side...no scratches on the pistons themselves or scorching of the block...

Car was still driving as normal before this, no smoking out the exhaust or strange occurrences until the oil started spewing out...still no signs when I drove the car to my mech with the oil coming out....the car is daily driven on 9psi and has never seen more than 12psi on the stock ct9 however I have been hitting boost cut a LOT recently while fiddling up with a manual boost controller...any ideas as to what may have actually caused the damage?

Anyways, I am rebuilding now with new OEM parts which would include:

1) OEM pistons
2) OEM headgasket
3) OEM rings
4) Custom 5efe exhaust manifold

I changed all belts and seals last month already...

Any advice you guys wish to share wrt future usage after the rebuild? Any thing else I should be concerned about and change out one time?

Thanks a lot for any info.

Rory

Lifer
If your taking the whole thing apart, you might aswell change the main ad big end bearings also.