rebuilding gearbox

turboflow

Member +
mornin
i have two spare gearboxs at home that crunch between certain gears and have been told what part needs to be replaced (forgotten now though lol) but have been advised to not touch the gearbox and strip it myself. i took the advice and did not touch it, but now i have no engines to build and no money to buy myself some toys and bits for the car. xbox covers most of the spare time but i really wanna attack the gearbox, not sure if i will but what should i do, be certain to do, avoid ,remember and so on if i decide to rebuild

cheers owen

please dont reply with ''dont do it'' its not the advice i am after

turboflow

Member +
looks daunting and wont have the cash for the tools till after christmas but i am so going to do it, oh dont suppose u know where i can get a workshop manual do u

350ep70gr

Member +
looks daunting and wont have the cash for the tools till after christmas but i am so going to do it, oh dont suppose u know where i can get a workshop manual do u

For what you want to do it is straight forward and no special tools needed.
As far you have the 2 shafts on hand then it is easy enough.
Sorry dont know where you can find a manual. If you find any sent me a copy over...:p

Chris

turboflow

Member +
if i remember one of them crunches into third and the other one into second, so is that just a case of replacing the synchromesh then

350ep70gr

Member +
if i remember one of them crunches into third and the other one into second, so is that just a case of replacing the synchromesh then

Probably only syncros but you need to inspect the rorks also and the other side of the syncros aswell. Sorry dont know the names in english.

If you look at toyodiy you will see an explode diagram for the shafts also.

Chris