Rebuilding turbo,urgent advise needed

thechomper

Member +
How's it going lads ,im rebuilding my hybrid turbo and i've seen a guide on youtube were the chap uses auto lube to lube the bearings of the turbo ,went to my local auto parts place and they did not have anything ,they gave me a number for a turbo place ,who told me that they only rebuild turbos and dont supply any parts ,i asked did they sell auto lub for the bearings and they said no but engine oil would be fine for lubing the bearings ,to me that sounds a bit odd ,is it alright to use engine oil as lube or should i just go onto ebay ,need to turbo rebuild in the next few days

thanks

Skalabala

Member +
Buddy your turbo is always using engine oil.
And not a good idea to rebuild yourself if you don't really have experience with it.
But let us know how it goes :)

corofin12345

Member +
x3, make sure the turbo gets oil... fill the chamber with oil and mover the blades untill the bearings get oil.. do this before you put it on the engine

thechomper

Member +
Buddy your turbo is always using engine oil.
And not a good idea to rebuild yourself if you don't really have experience with it.
But let us know how it goes :)

looks very easy to do ,i have no job ,so ill do it in my own time ,that way it cost nothing ,bought the rebuild kit 6 months ago ,turbo just getting real smokey now

Skalabala

Member +
Ok then. Just inspect everything for any damage thoroughly.
And be very careful when removing and fitting the seals, you can easily damage the groove the seal goes in.