Rebuilt Engine wont start !

FeNder

Member +
heya everyone ,
ive been thru numerous other threads and i have compiled a list of culprits to check as follows :

1- theres fuel in the rail and injectors working
2- theres spark from the king lead and individual leads
3- dizzy rotor leads all in good shape
4- alternator / starter / all belts in working order
5- knock-water sensors working order
6- gearbox earth / others on place
7- Emu all setup right and was running sweet before rebuild
8- very commonly , battery was kinda drained , was charged for 30 mins maybe , car started right away a few times , then next day , just wouldnt start , charge battery for longer ? or run a diagnostics ,
basicly timing is spot on , and getting fuel + spark :homer: ?!

ty !

ashygt

Member +
check your earths mate mine didnt start when i didnt screw the gearbox earth into place.

stu.

FeNder

Member +
right now its the only one in my eyes ,
the engineer thinks its charged enough but i reckon 30 mins wont cut it to crank a heavy fresh engine yeh ?

nexia201

Member +
right now its the only one in my eyes ,
the engineer thinks its charged enough but i reckon 30 mins wont cut it to crank a heavy fresh engine yeh ?

not even a cell phone battery charge in 30min let alone that one! at least it needs 3 hours charge

FeNder

Member +
lol i thought so !
battery has been sitting for 3 month maybe , only got charged twice totaling 40-50 mins , was used for cranking a couple of times , ill get it charged over night and get feedback !

nexia201

Member +
lol i thought so !
battery has been sitting for 3 month maybe , only got charged twice totaling 40-50 mins , was used for cranking a couple of times , ill get it charged over night and get feedback !

better cos probably when you are cranking all the currant is drawn by the starter and there would be too little currant to generate enough spark for the engine to start

FeNder

Member +
indeed it was heavily drained with continuous 15 second cranking , to the point that we pull the plugs out afterwards to find them drowning in fuel ,
the leads spark when tested on the engine mounts but looks like it aint enough..

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
so u need a new battery?

also try starting it with the stock injectors bud.. maybe the 460cc's are a bit stuck since shes been laying idle for a while..

kon

hkspower

Member +
hi mate, is the timing good when you have fit the timing belt.... do you have newfuel in the tank or it,s the one that ther was before the rebuilt, if yes put same new one.

Phil

Super Moderator
also your ends caps are they all in the right order when you took them off/put them back on? for the mains on the crank? if you mix them up you can end up with a solid bottom end or very close to stuck.

Phil

FeNder

Member +
Update...
on attempting to start the car , after a few cranking cycles , the plugs are removed and we find them to be drenshed with gas everytime ,
although theres good spark , how come it doesnt ignite ?!
all settings on the Emu before the rebuild were spot on !

350ep70gr

Member +
Sorry for the delay mate...i just saw your pm.
Most of the failures are already covered from the other members.
Wet plugs during cranking means that the proplem is more spark related or too much fuel is injected at start up.
Are you sure for the following?
1)Plugs are new and in working order. (plug could be good and new as you look at them but moisture can short the spark so no spark is present on the gap.
2)The leads are ok? Are you sure the boot that goes to spark plug isnt broke so spark can escape to the engine(earthing)?
3)are the leads the right firing order 1-3-4-2?
4)do you have a fpr? try it at 2 bar pressure.
5) is the ignitor attached to metal tight.(remove and clean the surface where it touch metal) The metal box of ignitor is also earth for it.
6)Can you by any chance run only the oem ecu?
7) can you check the distance of the spark when cranking (should be at least one cm away from metal and bright blue color. (if red or less than a cm then it is like no spark is pressent and you should replace your coil or check earths)
The basic chain is COMPRESSION-fuel-spark-cam/spark timing to fire an engine.
Also when cranking the engine doesnt fire at all or you can hear one or more cylinder starting to fire and die if you get what i mean.Any funny noises?
8) Is your advance timing ok? (it is critical for start up on a cold engine). Undo the bolts and when cranking try mooving it both dirrections slowly and see if it is a place that the engine trys to start. Mark it before so you dont loose the static timing afterwards.
Can you explain how you drive last driving day. It was an easy drive or what.
If i come up with an other idea i will let you know.Hope it helps.

Chris

seems ignition related..check the wiring to/from ecu to ignitor and distributor...
make sure your leads on on properly and in the correct order on the distributor cap...check rotor arm and contacts

check ignitor and distributor ---maybe swap with a buddy whose car is working to see if it helps