recommend a oil filter removal tool

ktl

Member +
I originally have the mole grip type but its kinda broke now. can anyone recommend one please as there is so much to choose from with difference price tags.

thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
i use a cup type tool and find it great. i cant comment on the tmd one, but it looks the similar to mine.

dac69er

Super Moderator

kellygt

Member +
You can just walk in to your Toyota dealership and buy the brass cup for removing oil filters over the counter thats what I did

dark_knight

Member +
i know this is proli not in your market but i use this - it works on the principle similar to torquing the filter using a rope. works a charm but at times you lack wiggle room.. :/

dac69er

Super Moderator
to be honest, once the filter has been removed once when its been imported you should be able to undo it with just your hands. your only meant to do them hand tight anyway

dark_knight

Member +
@dac69er: i agree but at times, if your engine has gathered quite some miles since the last service or has been sitting for a while, they can need a nudge from a filter removal tool to get it off.. :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
@dac69er: i agree but at times, if your engine has gathered quite some miles since the last service or has been sitting for a while, they can need a nudge from a filter removal tool to get it off.. :)

if you are changing the oil every 3000miles or every year as recommended then you shouldnt have a problem! i know what you mean though. sometimes it does make it easier