reflective heat wrap.........

Dan3SGTE

Member +
alight fello starlet members........

im looking for some heat reflective wrap to wrap around the the inlet pipe running right acros my engine block as ive noticed that bit of pipegets very hot just across the block.... this is surely not helping with intake temps, pionless having an intercooler if it just gets hot again as it enters the throttle bodie.....

I have found this wrap/tape, you think this is any good? if not got any advise what to use and where i could get some.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THERMAL-REFLE...ryZ38786QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Heres a quick pic of the pipe im on about..... (main one across the block)
Thepod.013.jpg

Cheerz,
Dan

Dan3SGTE

Member +
does that reflective stuff really work tho?

yeah man of course it does... its a wrap that reflecs the heat, you 4efte bois are ok as your inlet pipes run away out the side nowhere near your block, my pipe really gets baking.... i could defo release a few horses from that shit just want to know if this one is any good.........

ChrisGT

Member +
My brother has some aircraft reflective tape similar to that but thicker and wider, and seems to do the job well in his GT4.

Dan3SGTE

Member +

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
that stuff looks massive mate.............!

how would you put that round the pipe? is that stuff for pipes? looks too big and thick, i thought pips they normally use tape??

It depends on the application, i Work in the manufacturing industry and they always use the multi layered stuff as it keeps the heat out better, tape is usually used as it costs less or is easier to get ( you can pick it up in B&Q )

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
I've got some kicking about, looks similar to that ebay stuff and it does keep things cool...

DSC00166.jpg

Shame I don't like sharing :p

ChrisGT

Member +
Hell no, my dad brought it home from the airport (hes an engineer) and its quite expensive stuff. Best bet would be eBay I guess...if you lived closer i could've lent ya some!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ahh cheerz mate.....

well as above i did find some on ebay but im impatiant and cant be arsed to wait.....

Its only a tenner on th bay.........

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah best bet would be to go for that stuff on eGay tbh. Surreys not too far, but still a bit of a mission to get to lol

99glanzav

Banned
do you just need some to wrap that ic pipe?i got some that i used on my celica chargecooler and now i need a bit for the civic but i should deffo have enough left for you to wrap that pipe if you need it?
its real good stuff its called alluminised cloth,done a top job for the celica mate,fennies sell it too for 30£ for 1mx1m but if you just need a bit ill sort ya out

Dan3SGTE

Member +
99glanza.... you say it comes in 1m by 1m, so how do you wrap it? do you cut it?

yeah i need it just for that IC pipr running along the top of the engine block.....

thanks for your help mate....

99glanzav

Banned
it aint stick tape mate its the proper job,you will need stainless ties to wrap it if you know what i mean?it worked a treat for me,before after a long hard drive if i popped the bonnet i couldnt hold my hand on top of the cooler with the heat....after i wrapped the bottom of it the top of the cc stayed cool after very hard driving,let me know if you need it and ill wrap the few bits on my civic and you can use the rest if you need it

Dan3SGTE

Member +
it aint stick tape mate its the proper job,you will need stainless ties to wrap it if you know what i mean?it worked a treat for me,before after a long hard drive if i popped the bonnet i couldnt hold my hand on top of the cooler with the heat....after i wrapped the bottom of it the top of the cc stayed cool after very hard driving,let me know if you need it and ill wrap the few bits on my civic and you can use the rest if you need it

thanks a bunch mate....

i'll let you know after a bit of browsing...........