remote wire

mcclelland87

Fresh Recruit
all right guys quick question can some one tell me which wire i connect the remote wire to for a amp as trhink i did it but the sub just keeps thudding on its self and not with the music please help or is there something else wrong cheers

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
it's usually a blue or purple wire that's it connected to. to check if it is actually just the remote wire you can connect the remote on the amp to any positive source but the Amp will stay on permanently if you leave it connected like this it will end up deadening the battery

Last edited:

Franza1

it usually is because of a faulty or wrongly connected power source or remote wire. can also be causes by faulty phono cables

Franza1

It depends on some of the cheaper models and chinese knock offs it can be purple too, only came across it once or twice

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
remote cable

yeah more than not remote is blue and you can have multiple problems if ure sub is thudding itself mostly its ure earth cable on a bad earth such as ure back lights this can be sorted by moving the earth or more often than not a ground loop isolator ....but ive had a few cases come to my place were its been totally about the head unit giving a bad earth so its new head unit time...the only other thing is if ure running the live and remote down the same side of the car this also happens in some cases ...do the obvious first and check the wiring is fine no damage or tears in it then check the others in price order i allways do :) ...if any1 need any more help on sound systems just ask or pm me will be more than glad to help ...neal