removing ABS from ep91 what do i need ?

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
Im removing my abs from my glanza and was wondering has anyone here done it and what do i need etc.
All help greatly apricated and will be reped
Cheers, Mark

Paul_JJ

Member +
Looks like he wants to make his car lighter. But it won't be much -)

Basically you have ABS unit which is between the headlight and the powersteering pump - all the wires/lines coming out of it. Then you have an ABS ECU I believe it's behind the glove box - should say ABS on it. And that's about it, unless you want to change your brake discs to Non Abs ones.

If you ABS light will be always on then you will fail an MOT/NCT - you will have to make sure that the light is off.

Mark-ep91

Member +
i can try find out off a friend who did it on his glanza might be heading out to his house later, but i think he needed to remove the abs unit from behind the front driver light and use the brake valve from a normal starlet thats bolted to the firewall that sends the fluid to the front and back and remove all the wiring also

Matt Glanza

Member +
I did this conversion last year on my old glanza. You need a non abs proportioning valve and make some small sections of new brake lines to join it up to the BMC.

gedis

Member +
all i done used couple short lines in engine bay from non abs starlet, and took out the pump and abs ecu so light on dash wont come up, i kept my proportioning valve, but if you dont trust that you can always upgrade to brake bias valve

Vincent-ep91

Member +
ya, u need the thing bolted to the bulk head and some new sections of pipe....

all of which could be got from an Irish starlet.
I think the hardest union to get at is the one going to the drivers side front calliper....
Oh a big thanks to JAY, i`v been looking at Irish starlet pictures in one of his threads :)

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
curious.. why would you want to remove a safety feature.. :(
is it knackered..?
no its not knackered is perfect im removing for 3 reasons, cause in doing a wire tuck on the car and i dont want all the pipes and stuff goingevery where, i want to loose the extra weight be it heavy or not and i want it gone for track days have spoken to a few mates about it and the all said no abs is better for track days.

dark_knight

Member +
ABS removal

@turbo head: well spoken on your reasons for removing the ABS. some just do it for kick then to make it worse, do it badly.. :)
i have a 'poverty-spec' glanza and after a while, you train your right foot for braking w/out ABS assistance.. :)