Removing Aircon

MJA

Member +
going to start removing some of my aircon this weekend, what do i need to do? if someone could post pics it would be appreciated :)

cole

Member +
i no akki did it try talking to him also i think he had pics up of him doing it on his k26 have a search

Bullet00th

Member +
I'm taking mine off tomorrow. Get it de-gased first tho. And order a fan belt off a UK Starlet with PAS. Looks pretty easy, i only took the bumper off today but doesn't look a mega job TBH. I'll keep you updated tho ;)

Matt

Bullet00th

Member +
DSC00037.jpg

Mike D EP82

Member +
its not easy i done mine last month, just make sure youve got a few big spanners for the pipes further back and youll also have to brigde two of the terminals on the multiplug on the passenger side of the engine pay so the radiator fan doesnt stay on all the time, apart from that its pants

MJA

Member +
i started it, removed the fan and de-gassed it. can you post a pic of the modified multiplug? i remember someone else mentioning the fan staying on

Mike D EP82

Member +
its the plug beside the battery in the air con pipe, just put a pice of wire in one hole and bridge each terminal until the fan goes off. simple

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
air con removed

im getting rid of mine soon too, not doing it myself tho lol

how much is it costing to get it fully took out mate and where are you getting it done ...

madman

Member +
im getting rid of mine soon too, not doing it myself tho lol

how much is it costing to get it fully took out mate and where are you getting it done ...

id suggest doing it your self all you need is a socket set and a scrw driver set and an adjustable spanner or vice scrips (spelling) save yourself a few bob in the process and lear summit aswel

c3dpo

Member +
de gassing

Am i right in thinking its the two locking type nuts on the top of the attached after bumper?

#
If so am I right to just monkey wrench the top one and spanner the other and let and thats it?

then the back two (referred to as the hard ones are the ones that feed the car?)

Thanks guys, some epic help ive had off a few of you recently
:beer:

c3dpo

Member +
what wire / plug do i bridge to stop the constant fan after AC removal please.

pic appreciated :)

Cheer