Removing Decals

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
Which is the best way to remove decals without damaging paintwork? I don't wanna do any damage! :confused:

Nippon

Member +
Hairdryer to warm the glue up. Then just peel them off carefully.
If they leave a sticky resedue you can use petrol and a cloth to remove this.
Make sure you wash the area after.

toyobaz

Member +
try using ISOPROPYL Alcohol for cleaning up sticky bits
wont harm your paintwork
is cheap of ebay and has many other uses

just dont drink it !!

nanglebadger

Member +
i removed the decals from my sisters EP91 on wednesday nite using a hair dryer and a stanley knife to get it lifted at the edge (i have a steady hand dont worry), and then i used Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get any residue off.

Phil.

Yeti

Member +
I also used the hair dryer method and Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get the sticky stuff off. Does take some time so be patient. Once done, I used some Autoglym High Resin Polish to finish it off.

irish lad

Fresh Recruit
hi lads

just two questions:

is it easy to remove the back toyota decal/emblem? will it leave holes or remove the paint work underneath it?

screenshot108.jpg

and how do you remove the gt turbo stickers/decal on the doors?

screenshot109.jpg

thanks

daithí

addz

Member +
This is the best way and it's never failed me.

1. Warm up sticker with a hair dryer at distance.
2. Slowly peel away sticker with ease.
3. Now get WD40 and spray it on the residue.
4. Get a credit sized card and scrape away residue, will be easier as WD40 has helped penetrate.
5. After residue has been removed wash area.

:)

stuarty1

Member +
i used hairdryer till it got warm and just peeled it on and tar and glue remove then wash the hole car a tad of tcut were the sticker was job done and wax the car lol

Dan507

Member +
This is the best way and it's never failed me.

1. Warm up sticker with a hair dryer at distance.
2. Slowly peel away sticker with ease.
3. Now get WD40 and spray it on the residue.
4. Get a credit sized card and scrape away residue, will be easier as WD40 has helped penetrate.
5. After residue has been removed wash area.

:)

Nail polish remover works 100% better :teach:

Mikeygtt

Member +
hi,
the best method is indeed to heat the sticker to help soften the glue(too hot and it can bubble the paint thou) then use some white spirit on the residue.
if the sticker leaves an outline which wont polish you can use some 2000 wet and dry and a cutting paste to sort it.

cheers

mikey

irish lad

Fresh Recruit
on the balls lads, i have another question - is it hard to remove the headlights, mine seem to be dirty but looks like in the inside of them.

240720101235.jpg

cheers

daithí

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
bil hair dryer kif qalulek... tamilkix mil vicin! imbad wahda polish. jien kelli il genb kollu u qlajtu minajr hair dryer just halejta satejn fix xemx! imbad wara wahda polish fin.. resin polish biex tnehi xi naqa li jkun fadal u jigi sew

irish lad

Fresh Recruit
bil hair dryer kif qalulek... tamilkix mil vicin! imbad wahda polish. jien kelli il genb kollu u qlajtu minajr hair dryer just halejta satejn fix xemx! imbad wara wahda polish fin.. resin polish biex tnehi xi naqa li jkun fadal u jigi sew

sound!