removing hi lo boost function (not usual post)....

glanza_kow

Member +
Righto,

the search came up with nothing as the 'how to' thread dosent refer to mine as I dont have the efi pipework

Right, this is what were up against....

pic2.jpg

Ive been informed to remove the hose completely from the solenoid and bung the other end up which goes to the pipe near the engine..

Which I have......

Now Ive got all 3 lights on the dash in every gear, however only boosting to 9-10psi in all gears

Before it was 8psi 1st/2nd gear and 12psi the rest.

Can anyone help me out here? I shouldnt have to adjust the actuator should I? (hks adjustable)

Advice/help needed asap, reps and maybe beer up 4 grabs!! lol, cheers

when u removed the hoses did u unplug the controller that the pipes go to ?

u should just disconnect the pipe and then unplug it job done

glanza_kow

Member +
Well yeah I did that first... lets say it didnt go to plan lol

So ive bunged the other end which goes to that pipe as im sure it goes to the turbo and I deffo cannot just leave it open.

When I did it, I test drove it, not full boost, so unplugged it and took it up the road and I thought it didnt make a difference...Im gona go out now and try it again on a proper run, let you know what happens soon

cheers mate

Well yeah I did that first... lets say it didnt go to plan lol

So ive bunged the other end as im sure it goes to the turbo and I deffo cannot just leave it open.

When I did it, I test drove it, not full boost, so unplugged it and took it up the road and I thought it didnt make a difference...Im gona go out now and try it again on a proper run, let you know what happens soon

cheers mate

leave the pipe open ;)

glanza_kow

Member +
the one that comes out near the rocker cover?

no way, I did that... infinate boost mate!!! Stopped and reversed the whole thing

glanza_kow

Member +
yes mate

well by the time I seen it fly past 12, 14, 16 I stopped straight away, and that was in every gear mate, from the minus numbers to like 16psi in a split second

would have easily went to the end of the gauge if I hadn't of stopped lol

corofin12345

Member +
have you the turbo intake exposed? also what have you done at the inlet mani where the pipe off the dump valve/recirculating valve used 2 go..

Last edited:
omg what an unbelievably helpful bloke, cheers again for the help mate, really really appreciate it!!!!

reps reps reps!!!

ohh, as above, yeah Ive got a meshed turbo (yes I love it lol)

no probs happy to help
u would be better putting on a filter to stop the grime and dust going threw ur turbo

glanza_kow

Member +
yes mate sorted! well should be by the weekend lol

yeah I know about the filterless turbo malarky, the pros and cons etc but it sounds amazing mate and theres just no room for a filter, the mesh thats on has been done very well, not much would get past, well not large anyways lol

and im still clinging onto my aircon, even just for those handful of times that its on!!! lol

corofin12345

Member +
yes mate sorted! well should be by the weekend lol

yeah I know about the filterless turbo malarky, the pros and cons etc but it sounds amazing mate and theres just no room for a filter, the mesh thats on has been done very well, not much would get past, well not large anyways lol

and im still clinging onto my aircon, even just for those handful of times that its on!!! lol

what do yee think is the problem.. just handy 2 know in future?

glanza_kow

Member +
have you the turbo intake exposed? also what have you done at the inlet mani where the pipe off the dump valve/recirculating valve used 2 go..

Didnt see that question sorry mate, erm.. I put another dump valve on the end of it lol

what do yee think is the problem.. just handy 2 know in future?

Just needed to adjust the actuator arm to get my required boost, as was set via the solenoid before basically

glanza_kow

Member +
also, for future reference, just take the pipe near the timing case out all together and join the pipe from the turbo to the actuator. Remove plug from solenoid and as far as Im aware I think you can just take the whole thing out!

corofin12345

Member +
ah wont be meshing up my turbo mate.. ive rebuilt my ct9b and dont want goin at it again for a long time.. does sound awsome tho meshed up.. if anything ill relocate my filter cause ive the aicon removed...