Removing manifold

garya

Fresh Recruit
can anyone tell me the easyist and fastest way to remove a manifold (ct9) it sounds and if mines is blown but cant see any cracks on it at so want to take it off for a better look :D

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Easyest way is to remove radiator undo bolts from turbo to mani, then undo bolts mani to engine an slide mani out leaving turbo inplace but tie it up safe so it dont fall....

xxjack189

Member +
Bolts can be difficult to remove. spray them with penetrating spray first and let it soak in, then use a good ring spanner.

garya

Fresh Recruit
Bolts can be difficult to remove. spray them with penetrating spray first and let it soak in, then use a good ring spanner.

theres two bolts underneath the mani which are a pain in the arse to get to managed to get it off tho no cracks so will stick it back on tonight prob just needed tightend more that why it sounded blowen

durmz

Member +
if its blowing out from the sides then you need a new gasket, tightening it up real hard wont do feck all except damage the head

garya

Fresh Recruit
right think i need a new gasket took everything off and stuck it back on again no cracks at all so only thing i rekon it can be is the mani gasket were can i buy one guys