Repairable?

Fishy89GT

Banned
true but rear quarter pannels are a bitch to get perfect again.. you could probs buy a decent one with the ammount it would cost to get it right in the current climate..

Dave.

Member +
HKS fmic, Recaro driver seat (subframe too?) and a nice exhaust too!

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for it, I'd agree with fishy that its a little overpriced given the mess of the rear end. But if you broke it for parts (and got it a bit cheaper) it would be a good wee purchase imo.

Dave

Fishy89GT

Banned
HKS fmic, Recaro driver seat (subframe too?) and a nice exhaust too!

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for it, I'd agree with fishy that its a little overpriced given the mess of the rear end. But if you broke it for parts (and got it a bit cheaper) it would be a good wee purchase imo.

Dave

agreed, there are a few decent parts but not worth the price to get it on the raod imo

Dave.

Member +
I guessed that mate :)

The floorpan looks pretty badly mishapen, especially around the boot floor, god knows what damage is present elsewhere! Breaking it would be good on here though I'm sure.

Dave

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
dunno y u guys said that the dmg is very bad.. here in malta that wouldnt be anything close to a rightoff.. meh.. maybe its coz of the labour charges u guys get... :rolleyes:

Dave.

Member +
our labour is like £30+ an hour at best lol

I guess thats why - plus our insurers are soo quick to right-off cars (probably because they're not repaired properly in a lot of cases)

Dave

Fishy89GT

Banned
^^ spot on.. but dunno if you would get your money back in the parts.. theres not all that much kit there.. HKS FMIC 300euro, 2x recaro's and rails 500euro, exhaust approx 300euro depending on brand, filter 50euro, think those alloys are volks 400euro, guage 40 euro, bov 40 euro,

total 1630euro.. worth it for 30euro?

oh an whatever you can sell the engine + gearbox for :)

Fishy89GT

Banned
dunno y u guys said that the dmg is very bad.. here in malta that wouldnt be anything close to a rightoff.. meh.. maybe its coz of the labour charges u guys get... :rolleyes:

haha you bandits lol.. note dont buy cars from malta lol :p

i now know where akki learn his "skills" lol ;)

Mike_ep91

Member +
there some nice bis on it and the engine is very low milage.if ya can get it cheaper buy it then break it for parts..and ill take the passenger door off ya:D

I think that car used to be owned by Dave from RE-Auto in Kildare if it is your guaranteed thats a good car he really knows his stuff about Starlets and a sound fella think he was going to use it as a track car.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

or the panel beaters in the uk only know how to chnge panels :p:p

Momin

Member +
Can be doe but probs not worth the hassel.

Why has the rear panel been removed at the spot welds?

Everything will be a pain in the ass to line up now that the boot floor and the quatre panels are creased. You'l have to get the car jigged and straightened as best as you can with the creased panels on. Then get the quatres removed at the spot welds, then everything ligned up, then welded etc.

Also you dont know if the roofs kinked or not either.

Pics are to shit to tell how bad it is.

98_glanza

Member +
if gotten for a feww hundred cheaper,deffo worth it nad im sure not too many have been interested,ring him and make an offer

98_glanza

Member +
^^ spot on.. but dunno if you would get your money back in the parts.. theres not all that much kit there.. HKS FMIC 300euro, 2x recaro's and rails 500euro, exhaust approx 300euro depending on brand, filter 50euro, think those alloys are volks 400euro, guage 40 euro, bov 40 euro,

total 1630euro.. worth it for 30euro?

oh an whatever you can sell the engine + gearbox for :)

i reckon you would get a nice profit off it if gotten for a few hundred cheaper,what about doors,panels,windscreen??it all adds up :)