replaced injector o rings, now cars stuttering and cuttin out with 2 lights on dash!!

shane01

Member +
right today i changed my o rings to stop a fuel leak it was hard startin her at first but got her going, then when i drove to get some fuel had it cuttin out , once i got the fuel i tryed giving it some to blow anything out but it just keeps poping and stutterin and now i got 2 lights on the battry and the one next to it!! anyone take a guess at whats wrong with it. please.

whiteglanzav

Member +
injectors leaking anywhere ??

did you take off the whole fuel rail and all pipes ?

did you put it back together properly ?

what injectors are they

are the clips on the corresponding injectors ?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
The battery light would suggest possibly a dodgy ground. Did you disturb the engine grounds?

shane01

Member +
The battery light would suggest possibly a dodgy ground. Did you disturb the engine grounds?

yes i did but i checked them and i think there all back on again?, but also might add i did spray abit of wd40 about most of the engine, and also i checked for leaks and nothin, and the revs are sittin at 800, cuts out more when turning.

shane01

Member +
:confused: why lol i hope you got it all cleaned off properly lol - if not it will make the engine bay mucky as it is

"spray oil" lol

i done it to clear off some of the water from jet washin the fuel off, think i might of sprayed abit on the alternator belt not sure, also like to add the light wasnt there into i got to the garage while running on empy tank, and once i got fuel i opened her up and then it started popping, and i had to rev to keep the car running at stand still./

gurrturbo

Member +
i had this problem when i did my o rings it was the ground for the injector rail... it was loose as i forgot to tighten up up properly. make sure the ground is nice and tight you should find it on the left hand side of the intake manifold. im sure it sits under a solinoid of some sort. also make sure you dont have any liquid in the top of the injectors where the caps sit as this will cause a short between the 2 pins on the injectors

shane01

Member +
i had this problem when i did my o rings it was the ground for the injector rail... it was loose as i forgot to tighten up up properly. make sure the ground is nice and tight you should find it on the left hand side of the intake manifold. im sure it sits under a solinoid of some sort. also make sure you dont have any liquid in the top of the injectors where the caps sit as this will cause a short between the 2 pins on the injectors

just checked them and they seem dry ish, but when i wobble 1 injector fuel comes out?, but that wouldnt explain the battery and the other one between the seat belt 1, also lookin about i dont think i took any earth off on the fuel rail.

gurrturbo

Member +
its hard to explain on here..... where about in bristol do you live?? as i only live 20 miles from bristol.... could meet up and have a look but i dont have a car at the moment so u would have to struggle and get to me

shane01

Member +
its hard to explain on here..... where about in bristol do you live?? as i only live 20 miles from bristol.... could meet up and have a look but i dont have a car at the moment so u would have to struggle and get to me

well cant u get any closer dont want to risk it

shane01

Member +
where abouts are you i live in hartcliffe but i dunno if i could make has its stutterin bad and i dont want to do the damage to the car, i could borrow my mums car and get you over to me and back, where abouts are you?,

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
there is a ground that connects to where the idle control valve goes, if you leave it off it'll cause all sorts of trouble, double check that, if it seems ok move it to the stabiliser bar between the inlet and the head, mine worked better there :)

19112009036.JPG

gurrturbo

Member +
just google mapped it and you live 33 miles from me dude.... when do u need it sorted by?? im a little busy tonight untill about 8 dunno what u wanna do dude i dont mind helping you out tho

simonleeds

Member +
jeatwashed it sounds to me like you got water in your ignition system ....happens everytime it stutters and cuts out or revs and dies anyway if its been yetwashed it needs drying will it run on tick over if so leave it half hour to dry out or remove ht leads and spray wd in the connectors to try and disperse the water

shane01

Member +
no im pretty sure its the alternator, its charging the battery but not giving power to the car, im not 100% but it sounds right dont it?, i mean it would be stutterin terrible if that was the case, do u think loads of fuel leaked on it could mess it up?