replacement ct9 or rebuild kit?

tomgt106

Member +
Hi guys, seems that my second ct9 has now busted! only had the car since may lol

anyway do you think its better to try and source a ct9 myself or buy the rebuild kits that speedvision do?

im thinking new ct9 but has anyone used the rebuild kit with any success?

cheers

dont know if you can still find to buy a new ct9, the one you find will be rebuilt (completely) ones. first of all as you said its your 2 nd turbo that went busted, do you rectified or tried to know whats the problem ? its hard to find nowadays a mint conditioned ct9 from factory as they are ageing and wear and tear is obvious! i heard people that done rebuilt kits and went fine too so you can do it (professionally recommended work better).

tomgt106

Member +
sorry i meant try and buy a good condition one rather than new..

im thinking i may try and source another one rather than rebuild it but its always a gamble..its difficult..

i dnt want to be mugged off again lol

tomgt106

Member +
^^^^ gd idea but needs the supporting mods to do fine!

i would love to but money is an issue at the moment, exhaust very occasionally blows blue smoke not all the time, so wanna just get a decent turbo fitted and get it sorted..

really starting to annoy me lol

You can still get new ct9 turbos from toyota but then want about 950 for one :0 if i was you i would get your one rebuilt dude there is a very good company called universal turbos that rebuild them they are in the new forrest area and there turn around rates are awesome!! I took my hybrid there and for a full overhall including brand new compresser, 360 degree thrust bearing and a few other goodies your turbo will come back looking a running good as new. There charges range from 275 to 425 depending on how bad it is but you get a year warranty up to 21psi with that i would defo consider giving them a call.

Quick question have you checked for boost leaks as it could be to do with a boost leak that is causing your turbos to fuck up where you are over spooling the turbo to reach boost you are running

Hope that helps fella

Craig

danb87

South East England Area Rep
get in touch with enzo over ok uksc, he can have a hybrid too you within 3 days if he has them in stock.

glanza123

Member +
i rebuilt my ct9 not too hard of a job but it might be for someone else
if you do rebuild it make sure you get it rebalanced afterwards..