Replacing crank shaft seals on the cambelt side - what else would you replace???

Paul_JJ

Member +
AS above.

I will replace the camshaft seals and crankshaft seals as well as the cambelt.

Anything else???????

I was told about the bolt on the pulley??? do I need to replace that?

Thanks
Paul

Paul_JJ

Member +
I would replace the idalers and the tensioner but there's no need to replace the bolts

Any idea of the part numbers? or just ask Toyota for idles and tensioner? how many of them out there?

I thing the cambelt pullies has been replaced 1 year ago.

Rob H

Member +
if they where done only a year ago just a belt should be fine. I dont know the part numbers for them but blue print ones will be just as good but cheeper!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
change the waterpump too if it hasnt been done. i made the mistake of not doing it and then ended up having to pretty much do the job all over again a year later when my waterpump started leaking :( its easy enough to change once you have all the cambelt related stuff off.

Skalabala

Member +
AS above.

I will replace the camshaft seals and crankshaft seals as well as the cambelt.

Anything else???????

I was told about the bolt on the pulley??? do I need to replace that?

Thanks
Paul

Hi bud, what is the milage on your engine?
might want to spend a bit more to prevent problems.

Paul_JJ

Member +
73K miles now!

I thought water pump is on the separate belt and you don't need to take the cambelt off in order to change it? no?

The car has been parked for a year or so outside, before I bought it - so that resulted in many issues like calipers and now seals... But overall mint condition, not even a scratch, no rust - rare to find these days.

Skalabala

Member +
water pump is sharing belt with the alternator.
You can do a service on it? change the alternator belt?
check dizzy cap and router? wheel bearing grease? gearbox oil?

Paul_JJ

Member +
water pump is sharing belt with the alternator.
You can do a service on it? change the alternator belt?
check dizzy cap and router? wheel bearing grease? gearbox oil?

Yeah, the fan belts just 1 year old, and can be replaced at any time really, not a big deal with them I think, but might replace them at the same time.

How long would that take to change the water pump then? I mean the mileage is not very high, I know some pumps go twice the mileage I've got. Is it a big hassle replacing the water pump?