reprofiling 5efhe cams for a 4efe

joel_ep91

Member +
hey guys i have a set of 5efhe cams that i was going to put into my 4efe but i was thinking about getting them reprofiled but would want to stick within stock valve clearances,

any info on what i could get done would be great.

bumblebee

Member +
hey guys i have a set of 5efhe cams that i was going to put into my 4efe but i was thinking about getting them reprofiled but would want to stick within stock valve clearances,

any info on what i could get done would be great.

hey, you mind if i source some 4EFE cams for you in exchange for the 5EFHE ones?

It'll be a pain to see them go to waste

hkspower

Member +
hi mate, if you what to reprofiled cams let me know i can help you i know a michine shop that can do it.. but you need to re shime the head for them..

pekitu garage

weeJohn

Lifer
The 5EFHE exhaust cam opens the valves quite early on the exhaust stroke. It doesnt close it an sooner than the stock items so I cant see what the need for it is. The intake cam profile is pretty the much the same as a 4EFE cams apart from 1mm more lift, but the same duration.

If it was me, I would sell the 5EFHE cams and and reprofile a set of cheaper and easier to find 4EFE or 4EFTE cams Joel.

joel_ep91

Member +
thanks john i may hold onto the 5efhe cams stick them in for now,

i have a few sets of 4efe cams sitting about so can get them reprofiled just have no idea what sort of specs i would need them made up to. the power range i have in mind would be for more of the mid to top range, i will be increasing the rev limit also.

so if you have any extra info you could give me to help me figure this part out

wastegate

Member +
Man if you interest for swapping 5efhe cams with speedvision billet cams let me know..
I only done 100km and i removed them because i saw that i need harder valves springs.
Specs 265 with 8.8

joel_ep91

Member +
hey dude was told not to put turbo cams into an n/a as they are set up all wrong for n/a's thanks anyway

joel

J25GTi

Lifer
What batch etc are they? I might be interested

Man if you interest for swapping 5efhe cams with speedvision billet cams let me know..

I only done 100km and i removed them because i saw that i need harder valves springs.

Specs 265 with 8.8

wastegate

Member +
With the correct exhaust mark man!
Also the inside gears are on the cams , basically the cams are ready for use!