Rev limit

Chachito

Member +
Hi guy i would like to know what's going on with my car? a few weeks ago I had to uninstall my turbo timer cause the lcd has broken is a hks one that i it with after I uninstalled it I've noticed that when i rev my car it limits itself at 4500 rpm that's not normal right? Does the uninstalling of the turbo timer something to do with??

Oooh one thing I've noticed that when I'm driving it the rpm goes up really slow too can someone help out with this ?

Thnx
Charles

weeJohn

Lifer
It could be the rev counter not reading correctly, rather than the limit being moved.

Check the wires that went through the turbo timer are all connected properly and you have not distrubed any other plugs under the dash.

Chachito

Member +
It could be the rev counter not reading correctly, rather than the limit being moved.

Check the wires that went through the turbo timer are all connected properly and you have not distrubed any other plugs under the dash.

ok. but where do I locate these (rev counter + limit) and yes I've put all the wires on there place were it must be

ASHep82

Member +
Try taking you're battery off and leave it off for a while then plug it bk in I could be wrong but it's worth a try mate

Chachito

Member +
I've tried it but still did not work. I've noticed something today when I stand still and rev it will limit it self around 4500 rmp when driving it passes 5000 rmp