Ringsters

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Few of my mates have just returned from the Nurburgring and posted some great times in their A3 1.8T's and Leon Cupra's but what I was wondering was what do the Starlets do round the track

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I think its a hard one to say, i dont think anyone has went there with a properly setup Starlet for the purpose of setting a fast lap time. We could always speculate what we think it would be but again its driver dependant.

Iain

jonny-boi32

Member +
I think its a hard one to say, i dont think anyone has went there with a properly setup Starlet for the purpose of setting a fast lap time. We could always speculate what we think it would be but again its driver dependant.

Iain

the previous owner of my car told me he bought the starlet coz his mates where going to the Nurburgring and he wanted to take something over. never told me a time tho, thats even if its true coz i found him out on a few other lies, but we wont get into that.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I believe there are times set but i dont think there competative times as in they were going all out to prove them. I could be wrong ...

Iain@CRD

Lifer
nightspirit i think he did it in 10 minute odd??

Reason i didnt think that was competative is being Sabine Schmitz set a time of 10minutes in a Transit Van remember :haha: tho it a New course to most of us that travel over in all fairness so to set a time of 10minutes on a course you dont know is impressive :)

Streetech

Member +
I did a sub 10 min Bridge to Gantry in my old quad light but I hit speed cut a couple of times.
I was beaten by a pro racing driver in a 1.6 ford focus. lol

I was going to take the MK1 there soon but I have been told they are getting strict about the cars they let round so mine might not be allowed. (Fully stripped and covered in race stickers)

gedis

Member +
Few of my mates have just returned from the Nurburgring and posted some great times in their A3 1.8T's and Leon Cupra's but what I was wondering was what do the Starlets do round the track

starlets, thei would be somewhere very near the end of list as performance isnt great and handling is shocking

adam

Member +
a fully preped starlet could do a very impressive time with the right driver. sabine done 10mins in a transit, i bet she could easily do 8mins in a starlet. People who have been will know where im coming from when i say it comes down to if you can drive properly or how well you know the track. i was killing m3s and porches in my 180bhp starlet but then got humiliated by a 1.6 mk3 astra and a mx5.

gedis

Member +
a fully preped starlet could do a very impressive time with the right driver. sabine done 10mins in a transit, i bet she could easily do 8mins in a starlet. People who have been will know where im coming from when i say it comes down to if you can drive properly or how well you know the track. i was killing m3s and porches in my 180bhp starlet but then got humiliated by a 1.6 mk3 astra and a mx5.

well imo, if you have to modifie your car to get faster then you bought a shit car

jamesbaa

Member +
you cant compare anytime that sabine does to anyone else in anyother car, she's been round the track afew thousand times since she was like 14 or something

malcolmgt

Member +
well imo, if you have to modifie your car to get faster then you bought a shit car

no point commenting fella. leave it out.

as people say you cant compare Sabine Schmitz to any other driver as she is mad for the ring and knows it in her sleep and done it thousands of time.

anyone been in the starbo and got a time?