Rocker cover painting process?

Duff

Member +
Hey guys,

I'm gonna remove and paint my rocker cover today. What I want to know is whats he best method of doing this? i.e remove cover then how do I prep it? Do I need primer? Does it matter if I don't use HT paint? How many coats of laqour?

Had a search but couldn't find anything that answered my questions.

Cheers.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
:haha: Cheers just found it. Rep added anyway! Do I really need a new gasket or will the old one be okay?

I replaced mine when i did it mate. As its a rubber gasket, & your covers been on there since day 1, then i would really recommend changing it, you dont want no leaks & shit.... there not too much ££ dude.

Duff

Member +
Ill probably have to order one in. I'll order it today and paint it at the weekend so!

Cheers dude!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Good idea dude. Piece of mind that it all sits nice & flush when you put the painted one back on. Get some pics when your finished. Good luck :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i took it off 2 times. 1st time i used the same gasket and didnt leak. 2nd time again used the same one but used some black instant gasket... and didnt leak :) so if you want to do it without waiting for the gasket it should be fine.

Mike_ep91

Member +
You'll get away with using the gasket a 2nd time,I've used the same one when painting mine before.

About time ya painted it too.lol

Duff

Member +
You'll get away with using the gasket a 2nd time,I've used the same one when painting mine before.

About time ya painted it too.lol

Yeah your words '' FFS will ya clean the engine bay'' stuck in my head!:haha:

Went to take it off there but the PCV valve wont just pull out as its supposed to and i'm afraid to put any more force on it because it seems like it might break if I do!:mad:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Heres how mine turned out dude, I went for a mad marble colour on mine, thought it would be a bit different to usual flat colours. Polished the lines & toyota badge on it, quite pleased with the result.

StarletMay2009024.jpg

StarletMay2009011.jpg