Roker cover cleaner

H_D

Member +
:confused::confused:Trying to clean the roker cover and was just wondering if anybody knows of a good metal cleaner???
thanks

Sand it down with diffrent grades of wet and dry paper from course to fine finishing off with a 2400 grade paper this will pretty much do the job then you can polish it with autosol(available at any motorfactor)

Last edited:

Reeco

Member +
i sanded mine and wire brushed it, but used nitromors to get the rest of the paint of, but i also filed the lip/ moulding mark off round the edges, how can i make sure i get all the filings and dust out of it? obviously i cant take the metal plate underneath off to have a look if theres anything left under there, should i just get it chemicaly cleaned guys? dont want to risk getting filings in my engine :(

carmen

Member +
Give it a good wipe down mate should be ok a old workshop teacher of mine used to run a strong magnet over anything he filled or worked on

Vincent-ep91

Member +
i sanded mine and wire brushed it, but used nitromors to get the rest of the paint of, but i also filed the lip/ moulding mark off round the edges, how can i make sure i get all the filings and dust out of it? obviously i cant take the metal plate underneath off to have a look if theres anything left under there, should i just get it chemicaly cleaned guys? dont want to risk getting filings in my engine :(

I did the same as you to remove the burr around the edges. When i was holding the cam cover i found filings were going everywhere. I removed the 4 rubber things and the filler cap first tho. After this, i sprayed it with oven cleaner and powerhozed it. You could nearly eat your dinner form the inside :)

Give it a good wipe down mate should be ok a old workshop teacher of mine used to run a strong magnet over anything he filled or worked on

This wont work because it is made of aluminium

carmen

Member +
This wont work because it is made of aluminium[/QUOTE]

I just thought of that excuse my stupidity its still too early for my brain to work

H_D

Member +
Use a jet wash for the inside and blow the water out with a compressor then leave the rocker cover on a warm radiator overnight and this will evaporate any excess water inside it