rotating ct9

monka

Member +
is it possible to rotate the ct9 so that the outlet is facing down?

for fmic would be a great advantage as at the moment its either really long piping, or a sharp u-turn,

where as rotating the turbo would mean its almost instantly in the cooler

ChrisGT

Member +
Not sure if you can clock a ct9 because of the internals, but if you could I'm pretty sure everyone would be doing it? Hmmm..

monka

Member +
yeah, but only if people were aware,

and as most things like intercoolers are sposed to be bolt on accessories, they arent going to make one where you have to take off the turbo and rotate it, as it will put buyers off that are less experienced in cars, i mean come on, any one could fit a front mount. lol

monka

Member +
yeah just read that, lol

wonder if wepr or some one could make a pipe that came out the bottom. lol

Red Hot

Member +
A local welder should be able to redo that short length of piping.

I just wonder of it's 100% safe to rotate the turbo that much without opening it up to remove the pin.

jezza

Lifer
If you replace the stock radiator with a civic one or a narrow aluminium one, you are then free to mount the turbo pipe pointing down towards a fmic. The disadvantage being the turbo and everything near it would be fecked in a frontal collision.

PICT1253.jpg

monka

Member +
the turbo would be fecked in a frontal collision anyway if it was hard enough to go that far back,
and surely you dont need to remove the rad.
the wepr kit goes down then upthrough the splash gaurd, if i rotated the ct9 i would just point it straight down, the have the pipe follow original wepr lay from there, i aint getting rid of my air con, even if it aint used much. loll

Loki

Fresh Recruit
You can clock it if you remove the positioning pins inside, but! you'll have to custom fab something to hold your wastegate actuator in the stock position. Mine is clocked about 20 degrees and the charge pipe inverted so that it goes straight down.