rrfpr necessary?

hazgaf241090

Member +
i have a glanza and it has a fmic and a ported standard manifold with a decat and a fuel cut defender, and a uprated actuator is a rrfpr neccesary? harry

Arnold

Lifer
I'd say so, the FCD is probably tricking the car into thinking it's got fuel when it hasn't, causing damage to your engine.

lingl9z

Member +
as above, take out the FCD or get an rrfrp fitted set pressure around 3Bar, this should get you to a rolling road to get fueling set up correctly, do it sooner rather than later inless you want to be paying for a rebuild!

affy

Lifer
do it sooner rather than later inless you want to be paying for a rebuild!

as the bro qoutes above, best advice you can take :),

exactly happend to me :( have learned my lesson lol, but was due to lack of knowledge about engines and fuelling, just had knowedge for the pedal at that time :haha:

Sassu

Member +
its not urgently NEEEDED. but best to have it as helps your flow of fueling out. the air/fueling ratio.

hazgaf241090

Member +
so would u say chuck the fcd away, and just get it set up on rolling road?
surly i will hit fuel cut, what shall i do, wudnt it be worth while fitting both fcd and rrfpr

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Any idea what boost you are running mate? If its over stock (which I would imagine it is having an fcd) then you need to find some way to add fuel to compensate for the increased boost. An fpr is probably the cheapest way to do it.

lingl9z

Member +
As said mate, either take the FCD off untill you can fit an rrfrp to go with it or fit an rrfrp asap and get it tuned
I assume if you've upped the boost past stock levels you have all the accompaying mods?

Rich.