rubbing on one side?

monka

Member +
when going round corners fast in my gt i get rubbing from the drivers side,

i can through the car round right hand bends and roundabouts etc very confidently and get little if any rubbing.

although when going left just as hard as turning right i get a rubbing sound from the arches, to me it sounds like drivers side front, but only rub marks on the rear so guess just sound travel.

also, it may just be a mind thing with the noises, but it doesnt feel as capable of turing left, or i dont feel as confident trucking it around left hand corners.

could i have a fucked damper or somin? none of them are leaking. and i dont want them to be as its trd stuff. lol

rb69

Member +
i have a similar problem on my drivers side rear wheel. If i have people in the back it rubs. Have you got an adjustable panhard rod? If not, you might need to get one.

riko666

Member +
I've just noticed my front driver's side rubs on full lock, but that's probably cause the front coilovers are lowered quite far down and on 14" wheels...rears are seized so they can't be lowered :p.

As for turning left - you're sat on the opposite side of the car, so with your weight on the outside tyre, you may "feel" like it's a bit more lethargic to turn left as you'll load the outside tyre more, whereas turning right you're on the inside of the corner, restoring some load onto the inside tyre....it's not going to be a difference most mortals can feel, but it's why cars are corner weighted and why when a Car manufacturer does grip tests of a car, it's an average of the grip generated in concentric circles going clockwise, and then anti-clockwise

Last edited:

gokart

Member +
I get rubbing on my rear drivers side wheel when going over a bump in the road, my tyre now has a groove in it!