running 8 injectors on a 4e.

Phil

Super Moderator
anyone tried this?

8 stock injectors would allow you to run as big a turbo etc as you could possibly want whilst also keeping a tidy spray/pulse for idle.

has anyone done this before? what sort of management would it require and what fabrication?

just out of interest.

Phil

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hey phil, yeah iv seen it done locally on a starlet, it was a 1 off though.. he used 8 295cc injectors on a kms ecu.. :)

kon

Toyota T23

Member +
We use it alot here in denmark on 4agte..
I just finished my modified 5e tubelar manifold with 8 injectors, running megasquirt.

Like you said, smaller injectors often give better spray.

weeJohn

Lifer
The inlet manifold flange is thick enough to be machined to accomodate a small injector at a similar amgle to the standard ones.

Then its just a few mounting bolts, another rail and some piping on the fuel line to rig them up.

Toyota T23

Member +
any pics t23?

:)
1619882.jpg

1619883.jpg

VQ'ed

Member +
dont you think the engine will get flooded when all opening at the same time. Check haltech and AEM, they have standalones management that control secondary injectors.

Toyota T23

Member +
dont you think the engine will get flooded when all opening at the same time. Check haltech and AEM, they have standalones management that control secondary injectors.

No i dont think anything will flood, i have megasquirt standalone ECU , so no problem, tryed this many times.

Sharagath

Member +
my engine builder came with a nice idea for the furture

make indeed a second fuel rail into the manifold but,
don't hook it up to your normal fuel line, give it racing fuel from a second tank.
controled by a EMS set to a specific situation.

as mentiond before smaller injectors give a better fuel mix.

Toyota T23

Member +
my engine builder came with a nice idea for the furture

make indeed a second fuel rail into the manifold but,
don't hook it up to your normal fuel line, give it racing fuel from a second tank.
controled by a EMS set to a specific situation.

as mentiond before smaller injectors give a better fuel mix.

We did that on a supra 2jzgte, running methanol on 6 sub injectors.
I put down 1084 hp on dyno, on stock pistons and rods.

At 1124 hp all 6 rods bended.

Toyota T23

Member +
With this setup, i think my stock 4efe fuelpump is gonna make it all the way to 300hp.

Anyone think i am wrong. :)

Last edited: