running lumpy after doing head gasket??help

so last week i did the head gasket on the car i fitted new head gasket and thermostat which fixed my problem with the radiator expansion bottle throwing water out. but when i put it back together i accidently mixed the pipes up on the throttle body so steam was coming out of the exhaust it also got into the 1st cylinder and into the intercooler piping, so i drained the intercooler and ran it through but ever since theres been a problem the car now idles shit where the revs go between 700 and 1000 on idle but keep going up and down, at this point there is a popping noise from the exhaust like a missing but it doesnt seem to be missing?

also when driving the car i can feel the missing rev crap. also when lets say in 2nd gear at 15 mph the cars normally fine but now the car like judders/kangaroos asive it wants to be in 1st at higher revs? i also give it a blast and in second gear at 5.500rpm at about 55mph the car hits like a fake limiter where it makes like a missfire noise now i know it should limit at 7.2 so some things not right and it didnt feel like fuel cut tbh. ive just fitted a hks actuator at .8bar though?

any help apprecheated

thanks again Dean

Last edited:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
quite possiblyl ignition related. are all your plugs clean and not fouled up? leads ok etc?

also try a compression test to make sure all is well with the new head gasket.

im just gonna fix my spark plug spanner then take a look ive got new ngk leads and the plugs are about 2 months old so il have a look.

cheers Ian

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
if i get chance at some point i'll try and pop over and take a peek. having car probs of my own at the min so mad busy this weekend running all over the shop

if i get chance at some point i'll try and pop over and take a peek. having car probs of my own at the min so mad busy this weekend running all over the shop

cheers mate no probs if you carnt, this cars been a night mare recently! im gonna keep on looking for a fix

thanks for the replies!

Dean