Running slightly lean - 13psi.

clys

Member +
Hey, I'm running 13 psi of boost, and approx. 13.2:1 AFR @ 6000RPM, which then dips to about a 12.5:1 past that. This is a little too lean for my liking. I've got a blitz access ECU installed, and SARD FPR set at over 50psi base pressure. Amongst my other upgrades, these are the only ones that concern fuelling. As you can see, my FPR is nearly maxed, should I crank it up some more, or just install a walbro fuel pump. How much room will an upgraded pump give me to modify my A/F ratio? I don't want to upsize my injectors, as I don't have a tuneable ECU. Does an uprated fuel pump sound like the answer to my issue?

Thanks Holmes.

Clyson

Phil

Super Moderator
what turbo are you running? if its a ct9 your having some sort of major issue!!

Phil

hardcoreep

Member +
Hey, I'm running 13 psi of boost, and approx. 13.2:1 AFR @ 6000RPM, which then dips to about a 12.5:1 past that. This is a little too lean for my liking. I've got a blitz access ECU installed, and SARD FPR set at over 50psi base pressure. Amongst my other upgrades, these are the only ones that concern fuelling. As you can see, my FPR is nearly maxed, should I crank it up some more, or just install a walbro fuel pump. How much room will an upgraded pump give me to modify my A/F ratio? I don't want to upsize my injectors, as I don't have a tuneable ECU. Does an uprated fuel pump sound like the answer to my issue?

Thanks Holmes.
Clyson
Your FPR is driving the Access crazy.

Rory

Lifer
It might be worth changing the fuel pump.
It has been known for an uprated pump to bring the A/F ratio down a bit.

Also with the RRFPR running at 50psi base pressure, the old stock unit will be under alot of strain with the demand of fuel.

clys

Member +
I am running a stock CT9 yes, and I have the SARD kit, so the stock FPR is deleted. What do you mean by the FPR is driving the access ECU crazy? Should I turn it back to stock pressure?

ChrisGT

Member +
I am running a stock CT9 yes, and I have the SARD kit, so the stock FPR is deleted. What do you mean by the FPR is driving the access ECU crazy? Should I turn it back to stock pressure?

I think that's what he is saying, yes. I'm pretty sure these pre-programmed ECU's work with stock fuel pressure/stock fuel pump (basically the stock fuelling system). So try turning it back to standard rail pressure (2.4Bar) and see how it goes?

clys

Member +
I think that's what he is saying, yes. I'm pretty sure these pre-programmed ECU's work with stock fuel pressure/stock fuel pump (basically the stock fuelling system). So try turning it back to standard rail pressure (2.4Bar) and see how it goes?

I will try this, sure.

Anyone know the degree these Access ECU's are tuned to? They are all different, correct?