Runs bad after engine stopped then started.

lildave_ep82

Fresh Recruit
Hey everyone.

As above mentioned engine runs fine from cold all the way to warm no problems as soon as I turn it off wait a minute and start back up there's a huge lack of power almost like a misfire or restriction of air/fuel. Last week I was not running any lambda sensor and i would feel this lack of power as soon as the engine started to warm and the revs were dropping although it ran fine from cold. Fitting the lambda was an improvement but something's still not right. Any ideas??? Cheers.

GP82

Member +
Sounds like the coolant temp sensor may poss be playing up if it seems to run fine from a cold start.

lildave_ep82

Fresh Recruit
Sounds like the coolant temp sensor may poss be playing up if it seems to run fine from a cold start.

Nope changed the temp sensor today nothing changed. Could it be a fault in one of the other sensors in the swirl pot??? It's an ep82 by the way thanks.

lildave_ep82

Fresh Recruit
IAT? or map sensor.

I guess iat is intake air temp??? Where is this found? Possible map sensor but thought the fault would be there all the time if it was that. It would help if there was any codes on the ecu but nothing at all. Cheers for the info.

AdamB

Member +
yeah intake air temp, its in the inlet manifold buddy, can't miss it, its got a green connector on it.

GP82

Member +
Nope changed the temp sensor today nothing changed. Could it be a fault in one of the other sensors in the swirl pot??? It's an ep82 by the way thanks.

Hey there are four sensors on the Ep82 around the thermostat housing which all take water temp reading, you need to check the sensor which has two pins, the rest are single pin connectors. This is the sensor the ecu reads. It's green in colour i think.

lildave_ep82

Fresh Recruit
Hey there are four sensors on the Ep82 around the thermostat housing which all take water temp reading, you need to check the sensor which has two pins, the rest are single pin connectors. This is the sensor the ecu reads. It's green in colour i think.

Yes I have changed the green temp sensor. Could the brown one round the back of the housing cause any idle faults? Also is there any way of testing the map sensor? Thanks

GP82

Member +
Could the brown one round the back of the housing cause any idle faults? Also is there any way of testing the map sensor? Thanks

Good question that is, hopefully someone might be able to confirm if it can effect idle. For idle issues you want to start by checking and confirming there is no vaccum leaks. You can test to see if the MAP sensor is faulty by pulling the connector off it while the cars running. If there is no change in the behaviour of the car then it's a goner. You can also get a multimeter on the MAP sensor signal wire going to the ecu, somehow apply pressure into the MAP sensor and see for voltage change's.