SAFC MAP help

GRUSS

Fresh Recruit
I've done a rough map with my SAFC. When you guys use them do you lean the mixture off at the bottom of the rev range or start rich then lean out at the top?

for example..
1000rpm -14 2000rpm -13 3000rpm -12 and so on...

I've left the bottom std and started taking fuel away at 3000rpm onwards but i'm having to take a fair bit away at 4500rpm 5000rpm to get my AFR down to 11:1.

Just after peoples opinions? i suppose leaning it out at the bottom would improve acceleration while going gradually richer at the top as the revs rise....

Rev

Member +
Not sure about the safc but on safc2 I have gone for 12's from about 3000 onwards this meant the SAFC 2 settings on high ( wot ) go rich, lean , leaner as revs build but my injectors flow a lot more than some injectors as the fuel pressure increases so this maintains a constant 12 afr. On low setting the SAFC2 goes lean , rich , lean because I was trying to get some leaning happening before spool at around 2000. The overall was set up on a dyno.
Remember if you are taking a lot of fuel out at high revs you can be adversly affecting your timing . FYI at wot I am taking out a max of 25% fuel and my injectors are 33.3% over stock.

Last edited:

GRUSS

Fresh Recruit
Not sure about the safc but on safc2 I have gone for 12's from about 3000 onwards this meant the SAFC 2 settings on high ( wot ) go rich, lean , leaner as revs build but my injectors flow a lot more than some injectors as the fuel pressure increases so this maintains a constant 12 afr. On low setting the SAFC2 goes lean , rich , lean because I was trying to get some leaning happening before spool at around 2000. The overall was set up on a dyno.
Remember if you are taking a lot of fuel out at high revs you can be adversly affecting your timing . FYI at wot I am taking out a max of 25% fuel and my injectors are 33.3% over stock.

Thanks for the reply.
My injectors are stock, MAX fuel i'm removing is 16%. I'm also only using the high map as my TPS is a non variable type.
Could you tell me your basic settings (if you dont mind) so that i can get a picture. PM if you prefer.

Rev

Member +
Mine is a k1 cut exhaust blades so slower to spool than ct9b but more top end. ( non variable TPS and no throttle position shows on the safc screen but changing the L setting made a difference )

SAFC SETTINGS with inj 384cc at stock pressure Throttle Change point L30% H 70%
1000_________H -17% L -34%
1600-2800____H -15% L -26%
3400_________H -20% L -21%
4000-5800____H -25% L -25%
6400-7600____H -25% L -30%

If you use both maps I read

below lo throttle, only lo throttle map is used
above hi throttle, only hi throttle map is used
between - both maps are used on a sliding scale.

EDIT - Found out injectors were bigger than told they are 384cc I have now leaned more on low map for better response -48% at 800rpm

Last edited:

GRUSS

Fresh Recruit
Thats interesting pal, on my SAFC 1 i have access to HIGH map only and used ** in the settings for the non variable TPS. Also the throttle change point (as far as i know) is made redundant?

I'm using a TD04/RHF3 hybrid from tong turbo.

What AFR are you getting @ WOT in 3rd gear?

Rev

Member +
What AFR are you getting @ WOT in 3rd gear?

I am tuned in second gear because I have auto box but ecu is manual , this gives
12.1 afr at 3000rpm which is 33.1 mph
basically a/f was 12 + - 0.3 from 3000 rpm onwards.
Note auto second is lower reving than manual box second gear but higher reving than manual 3rd gear.

Last edited: