Safe to run a TD04

nazzurro19

Member +
well i have been runnin a td04 at 0.5 bar and its been fine for months unless u map n get fueling setup 0.5 bar is the safe hold

once mapped im guna run 1.2 bar :)

Steveo1

Member +
well i have been runnin a td04 at 0.5 bar and its been fine for months unless u map n get fueling setup 0.5 bar is the safe hold

once mapped im guna run 1.2 bar :)

Hi mate, ino this isit thread related but what does the car go like runnin .5 on the td04?? Compared to the ct9? Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
if properly set up and assuming you have a decent condition engine in the 1st place then 1 bar on a td04 without forging is a sensible amount of boost. can probably take more without any problems, but as with anything, the harder you push it the more chance it will break.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
sensible words from duncan there, and please listen jon...
i ran td04 at.8bar and it pulled well but the extra lag didnt make it worth it.
now forged and running 1.4bar and mapped, lag is a lot less and well ct9 just doesnt compare.

if ur going to run a bar, then at least get the thing mapped with a EMB piggyback at the very least.
but if u put a kit on, it will run fine at .5bar.

Gtjond

Member +
Im running .8 atm on a ct9, wouldnt want to run more than .6 on a td04 before forging. Isit worth it do you rekon, and would i notise the power increase, or just wait and do it all together??

Thanks