sard rrfpr

mak-turbo

Member +
right well got the car running sweet but when it gose on boost it smokes and then pops but not hitting fuel cut but when idling no and runs sweet but checked my sard rrfpr says 3bar but when i take vac line off it gose up to 4 bar its not tunned yet and running no fuel controler and 370cc injectors so is fueling to high ???

what fuel pressure should it be help = rep lol

scot-ish

Member +
ideally the fuel pressure should be set by some1 tuning the car, you would be safer, having it setup sumwer with a wideband,

edit,

3.1 bar for one bar of boost safely, but i think thats ct9, with standard injectors, with your injector being non standard, you really need to get it set with a wideband, and ideally some sort of fuel controller

Last edited:

munday

Member +
right well got the car running sweet but when it gose on boost it smokes and then pops but not hitting fuel cut but when idling no and runs sweet but checked my sard rrfpr says 3bar but when i take vac line off it gose up to 4 bar its not tunned yet and running no fuel controler and 370cc injectors so is fueling to high ???

what fuel pressure should it be help = rep lol

With 3 Bar fuel pressure and 370cc injectors i think you could well be overfuelling, symptoms sound like that too. Any way of measuring AFRs?

mak-turbo

Member +
its fully forged engine with a vf23 bb turbo and my aem windband not in yet as i need the fitting only want to get it so it runs safe to the tunners thats 100 miles away from me lol not putting my foot down it her any ways just need to now what fuel pressure to run and if the poping and smoke is from over fueling

bacareful running too rich can cause serious problems.....bore wash....and in bad cases, u can spin a bearing if fuel gets into the oil sump via the cylinders/pistons/rings gaps
that is the last thing u would want happen

your car is most definitely running pig rich with 370cc injectors and 3 bar fuel pressure

why dont u try the stock injectors and 3 bar pressure TILL u get to the tuning place....just take it easy and stay off boost........