Scalextric...

Nwimie

Member +
Anyone else love it? 50 years old today apparently

i still have my old set in the loft wish i could get it setup properly used to have hours of fun :p

Craig_GT

Lifer
used to love it!!

iv got a couple of olds sets up in the loft aswell!!

ah the days-no responsibilities!!
used to buy diff cars from "beaties" when it was around! scalextric heaven!! :rockon:

rb69

Member +
yeah i used to have it too! My favourite car was a little white n yellow DTM Opel Calibra. Think i got that from Tandy! haha!

D3N0

Member +
i have still got mine in the loft aswell. i brought it out last month and set it up, could not believe it was still working. had a great laugh. i also found my sega master system 1 abd my commerdore 64 all still working. had a right retro weekender.

Nwimie

Member +
beaties was a legend of a shop!!!

might have to crack my scalectrix out the loft later :p
my cars need repairing tho!

bigggest regret is selling my mega drive with loads of games!! :(

D3N0

Member +
Class!!! only thing i hated was the length of time to load a fcuking cassette! lol

the loading time was rediculous, nothing compare to my xbox 360....gamer for life. i also had the sega mega drive genesis with cd drive...... streets of rage 2 was my game

my scalextric is kool, i have loads of pieces of track, but the car they never last, as when a child i thought i was hilarious when you hold your finger on the trigger until the cars flew off the track and hit objects in my room and hall way.,.,.,.,. well class :p

Beaker

Member +
I used to have scaletrix and the TCR racing where you could change lanes to overtake. Have no idea how it worked but was so cool to tail someone then change lanes to pass.

Craig_GT

Lifer
did any1 figure out that if you only put one "cross over" track piece you could control 2 cars with 1 control??

yeah i did have friends but just by chance i tried it one day and to my amazment both cars drove lol

Guye

Lifer
Kids today don't know what they're missing. Scalextix racing was big for us back in the day :D Guys, and I mean grown men with families too, would bring their own modified cars to race each other for money. The circuit was set up just like our local "bushy park race track" and competition was quite fierce. Winning was also for bragging rights as well! Then came atari.....

Nwimie

Member +
lol the tcr racing where you could change lane and mash the other car off the track lmao !!!!!! :D

the good times

C

CaL

ive still got em Lmao lol.....i have around20+cars but my fave is my 3 door that i painted moonstone and fitted bbs wheels :p